Current account balance? Was is yours.

Soldato
That £150 is purely for fun things, not petrol/food/bits and bobs for living, just things like drinks, tobacco ect ect.

If you seriously can't help but spend £150 within 5 days, let alone 3, then you got issues mate :)

ags

That's ok then. It sounded like you meant all your living for £150 a month. I do that on petrol alone and I only do 700 miles a month :(

Associate
0 - 150 at most times as I whack my salary into another account and give myself 150 spending per week. The rest I either save or put towards a nice holiday and means I've gone to New York and Gibraltar in the past 8 months.

Soldato
Me and the Mrs have no debt other than the £120k mortgage on a 275K house.

Don’t really use my current account for anything other than a landing account for my salary / dividends then it gets shifted to the joint account and savings so balance is rarely more than about £200 at most. Savings is about 15K atm.

Soldato
Current account 1500+. just been paid
My attempt at savings account = £950

lol

Have all my DD's coming out today though :(

Well my current account has just gone from £1500+ to about £400-£500 with most of my bills gone, including a £300 credit card bill :(

Last edited:
Associate
As soon as I get paid all my DD's come off and a I stick the majority of the remaining money into a couple of savings accounts. Generally leave my self around £500 in my current account which gets spent over the course of the month.

Soldato
Restrict your self to survive on £150 a month (which is more than possible which also includes a couple of cheap nights out) and you will be laughing in no time :)

ags

Can you enlighten me on how it's possible to survive on 150 a month for food etc?

Caporegime
We have $500 in our current account but it's an account that we never use. We use our flexible mortgage account (offset mortgage in the UK?) as our current account and buy almost everything using our credit card which earns airpoints. Both salaries go into the flexible mortgage account and we pay the credit card off from this as well. The fixed mortgage account just ticks along. Seems to work for us.

Back
Top Bottom