I am about to sue an ex employee for breach of contract

Soldato
OP
She terminated her contract early, of which she was in breach for that. (Forgive me if I misuderstand).
Yes we get these clients via referrals, NHS, Scheme Managers from Care Homes, respite, Pallative Care and social workers, Age Concern etc. So there is a clear trail and reputation amongst these organizations is everything. She has already damaged her own reputation amongst these organizations-who, on hearing of her behaviour are very unlikely to use her. They pay through all of the methods you mention above.

taB

taB

Associate
Why the heck do you think it in any way appropriate to post about this on a forum. Speak to a lawyer and st*u until it's all resolved. You are undermining your own case. Good luck resolving things but if this is the way you solve such problems it's hardly surprising they occur in the first place.

Soldato
OP
Why the heck do you think it in any way appropriate to post about this on a forum. Speak to a lawyer and st*u until it's all resolved. You are undermining your own case. Good luck resolving things but if this is the way you solve such problems it's hardly surprising they occur in the first place

God, another expert. Why the hell did you bother even to reply? Oh I know, its because you possess some semblance of an opinion the same as anybody else.

Read threads above....the one that says solicitor.

Last edited:

taB

taB

Associate
God, another expert. Why the hell did you bother even to reply? Oh I know, its because you possess some semblance of an opinion.

I was offering you some sensible advice. My company has successfully been awarded damages in this exact situation.

Why did I bother to reply? How could you start the thread expecting anything else?

Soldato
OP
I'm sorry but there have been a number of threads repeating what you said and I am of the opinion that the reason as to why I mentioned the topic in the first place was obvious. It was just the repetition. I have already taken your sensible advice and your best intentions are warmly received. I am pleased you were awarded damages and apologise for being so brash. TBH I think this thread has possibly gone on too long and I am left wondering as to why I should have really introduced it in the first place guaging most of the response. Perhaps I should have stuck with "Spec me a tie". ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You're in GD.

You asked for peoples opinions.

You are not coming across well and lose your rag when you don't hear the answer you want.

You're a giant tool, you should have asked, "is anyone well versed in employment law, email in trust".

'roid rage?

Well for one I don't go round calling anybody a "giant tool " and if thats your own idea of coming across well, say no more......... I have no problem at all with the people offering reasonable advice, but I do have a problem with the others concerning the lack of anything reasonable or sensible to say. In any event I wasn't after the opinion of anybody well versed in employment law as I wouldn't need a general forum for that. I was after someone who may have experienced something similar, to which was responded. Now this feels like I'm talking to a child, to which you were name calling me earlier.

The posts responses were perfectly reasonable up until about the 70th reply where people started to make allusions to my professionalism and other such rubbish. "Roid rage" , well this is just another one of your attempts to goad and poke fun because you've been to my profile page and seen that I have listed weight-lifting as a hobby. Let's just end it here shall we.

Last edited:
Soldato
I actually hope she wins because you do come across as just down right arrogant. She undercut you in a business sense boo hoo. Hope this thread doesn't get deleted and she finds it.

Soldato
OP
What actual business are you in?
maybe it would help to identify what could be done to help.

It's already in the hands of my solicitors and they will be doing everything that needs to be done. My case strength is excellent.

Well dave18, the problem was not simply one of undercutting it was one of theft, abuse of position and taking advantage of vunerable adults. You may hope she gets away with it but she won't: also if she found this thread it wouldn't make a scrap of difference.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm.

Working with the vulnerable... I'm guessing we're talking about providing house help or some sort for assistance with cooking, cleaning, the odd trip to the shops here, maybe checking Mavis has taken her daily tablets; almost certainly provided by low expectation staff on a minimum wage, but supplied through an agency deal that makes you a healthy mark-up.

If she's only costing you £10,000 in lost revenue over 6 months and she's undercutting you beyond your ability to compete she's probably still only looking at what, £16-£18K gross? Sounds like she had a bloody awful job if she sees that as a better proposition.

Of course I'm prepared to accept I'm wrong but you do come across as remarkably reticent about explaining exactly what your core business is, and respond in a very bullish and confrontational manner whenever anyone disagrees with you.

If any of your employees could just 'walk' and take a significant number of your clients with them and be better off for doing the exact same work for the exact same people (and you certainly seem very worried) maybe you should consider making it a more attractive prospect to stay rather than going Chuck Norris as soon as they realise you aren't needed?

Caporegime
£20k lost in a year (assuming that's actually true) does make me wonder what pittance she was paid. The profit from her work is probably greater than what she is paid!

Soldato
I've always thought about stealing my boss's clients and running away. But then I might actually have to work hard so I forget about it :D

Permabanned
The only winners here are the lawyers.

I would take it on the chin and look into why so many of my clients were happy to jump ship as soon as that option became available.

Back
Top Bottom