British Grand Prix 2011, Silverstone Circuit - Race 9/19

Soldato
Look at those saddos behind EJ looking like proper mouthbreathers

I honestly don't get it. If I'd paid that much to go I would be seeing everything I could, not standing behind some presenters just to get on TV.

JB uses the B word in a post Quali interview again. i'll let him off this weekend lol.

Soldato
Just realised that Hamilton will be starting the race on a set of softs that have done Q1 and Q3. Should have more fresh left in the existing tyres?

If things tomorrow go the way they have today then I don't think an extra set of options is going to make much of a difference.

Nice interview with Hammy.

He did well there, was half-expecting another meltdown.

JB saying what we're all thinking "Don't know where the pace has gone but I can guess". :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
OP
imageqwj.jpg

Soldato
The thought of driving that car looking that unstable in a wet race makes me shudder.

If it is damp/wet race tomorrow, I expect Button to do pretty well.

If it's dry, I fully expect Hamilton to finish ahead of Button (extraordinary incidents permitting).

However, the big talking point has to be Alonso - will he have a better "race" car tomorrow? If so, surely, he will win tomorrow's race. Right?

Soldato
Thinking back over the first half of this season and their off-the-start-line performance;
I fully expect Alonso to jump Vettel (possibly even Webber) and for both McLaren's to lose at least one position by the end of the first lap.

Soldato
If it is damp/wet race tomorrow, I expect Button to do pretty well.

If it's dry, I fully expect Hamilton to finish ahead of Button (extraordinary incidents permitting).

However, the big talking point has to be Alonso - will he have a better "race" car tomorrow? If so, surely, he will win tomorrow's race. Right?

Just looking at the on-board of Hamilton's car, it looks very badly setup, I can't see him challenging anyone of note to be honest.

There is something about MacLaren that just are very fragile with their setup/strategy, it doesn't take much to fall off the cliff..

Man of Honour
At least webbers in first.

Ferraris are only a smudge behind RBR now. Now if RBR are like normal and fall back in the race. Then Ferrari could easily win tomorrow.

Is the speculation that OTBD was benefitting Vettle more than webber true? Are we now going to see a much much closer gap between them. Or is it just that webber loves this track.

Mclaren have seemingly fallen of the ledge, what's happened there. Seems there OTBD was in fact very good and one of there biggest parts.

Certainly makes for some interesting speculation doesn't it.

It hasn't slowed RB much, so once again, the performance must be coming from somewhere else. I wonder what else the FIA will fail at banning.

Soldato
Just looking at the on-board of Hamilton's car, it looks very badly setup, I can't see him challenging anyone of note to be honest.

On a dry track, if anybody can hustle a slow car, to make it fast, its Hamilton. Alonso being the other driver.

Of course, the above depends on whether tomorrow's race is in the dry or not.

BTW: I believe that the current regs are only in place for this weekend. The regs will revert back to the same spec we saw in Valencia, for the remainder of the season.

Soldato
Anyone know what Mansell was on about regarding Nasa carbon fibre?

All the people at the top are holding the line "this is very technical stuff and the public know very little of what's actually going on"

Caporegime
Is it me or does Jake's enthusiasm for F1 sound a tad insincere?
i thought everyone knew hes not that intrested in f1
Anyone know what Mansell was on about regarding Nasa carbon fibre?

All the people at the top are holding the line "this is very technical stuff and the public know very little of what's actually going on"
high temprature self lubricating carbon fibre ? i guess its what the gearboxs are made off

Back
Top Bottom