** PRE-ORDER ONLY DEAL - MSI 6950 2GB POWER EDITION ONLY £199.99 Inc. VAT! **

OcUK Staff
Hi there

We've decided to do a very special Pre-Order ONLY price on MSI's flagship 2GB 6950 the Power Edition which comes with Dirt3. This card offers incredible performance and at this price is a superb deal:-

MSI ATI Radeon HD 6950 OC Twin FrozR III Power Edition 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card with Dirt3 PC Game ** PRE-ORDER ONLY PRICE ** @ £199.99 inc VAT

GX-128-MS_400.jpg

The ATI Radeon HD 6900 series features the latest graphics technology from AMD designed to support all the features of Microsoft DirectX 11 and DirectCompute 11. The new GPU’s are built in AMD’s 40nm process to deliver high performance with low power consumption. Advanced hardware features include an enhanced Tesselation unit, new AA and image filtering options, dedicated HDR Texture compression, multi-threaded communication with system CPU cores, embedded support for many of the DirectCompute 11 instructions, 3D stereoscopic support and HDMI 1.4a.

Features:-
- Core Clock: 850MHz
- Memory: 2048MB GDDR5
- Memory Clock: 5200MHz (Effective)
- Memory Bandwidth: ??GB/sec
- Processing Cores: 1408
- Texture Units: 88
- ROPS: 32
- Bus Type: PCI-Express 2.1
- Display Connectors: 2 Dual-Link DVI-I, 1 HDMI & 2x Mini-DisplayPort
- HDCP Capable
- DirectX 11 Support
- Shader Model 5.0 Support
- OpenGL 4.0 Support
- ATI CrossFire Ready
- ATI Eyefinity Technology
- ATI Avivo HD
- ATI Stream Technology
- ATI HD3D Technology
- Maximum Power Consumption: 250W (Typical 190W)
- 2x 6pin PCI-E power connectors required
- 450W minimum PSU recommended
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Supplied with Dirt3 Download Voucher (Subject availability)

Was [£219.99] Inc. VAT

Only £199.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
I'm quite tempted by these. I really like the look of them and from what I understand the Twin Frozr II was very good, so I'd expect these to be better (well, it's a higher number so it has to be right?)

Only thing is, 6950 CF would be a downgrade from GTX 570 GTX, wouldn't it?

Soldato
I'm quite tempted by these. I really like the look of them and from what I understand the Twin Frozr II was very good, so I'd expect these to be better (well, it's a higher number so it has to be right?)

Only thing is, 6950 CF would be a downgrade from GTX 570 GTX, wouldn't it?

Radeon 6950 CF are almost as good as GTX 580s SLI and are almost twice as cheap.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/308?vs=299

The GTX 570 SLI graphs don't work but you can expect them to favour 6950s CF in that comparison.

Going from GTX 570s SLI to R6950s CF would be a sidestep, though.

Soldato
I think the MSi just edges it on the Sapphire with slightly higher core clock and memory clock speeds. The main performance feature of it though in comparison to the Sapphire is its cooling system. Supposed to be the coolest 2GB 6950 on the market.

EDIT:

And they were retailing around £225 about a month or so back.

Soldato

Thanks for those. I'd found plenty of reviews of that model including many of those. I haven't found any reviews of the sapphire one though - which from its screenshot seems to be a different model to their earlier one, though has the same product code.

Back
Top Bottom