Metal Music Absolutely..........SUCKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
How do people listen to this king of Music like Slipknott, Killswitch Engage and that kind of tripe, ive been listening to it and its absolutely ****e.

Its grown men screaming down a mic words you cant understand, i mean WTF..............and im talking about all metal music with loud Drums and screaming in the back, its shocking how anyone can like it.

Who agrees with me

Man of Honour
Not me :)

A few of us here went to Sonisphere which is a heavy metal festival last weekend - the 'offending' Slipknot played there and blew me away.

Metal music is typically aggressive, but there is a huge range within that very wide genre, lyrically and musically. I actually think Slipknot lyrics are very easy to decipher compared to many bands out there... god forbid you try to listen to Cannibal Corpse :p

Part of the appeal is the rebellious nature of it, the loud, bruising guitars and drums pointing their middle finger up and anything and everything.

Some is more accessible that others, so I would suggest you try something a bit more mainstream and see what you think. It doesn't get much more 'easy' than this:

Soldato
lol I love electronic dance music in all it's forms so much so there isn't much else I listen to these days but I shall never, ever forget my late child and early teens music listening to Metallica, Soundgarden etc. Might not be the proper heavy dark metal stuff but I loved it all the same. Rebellious, noisy and it was all with live instruments etc.

When I hear a good metal track on the radio I can't help but turn it up and rock out to it !!

B&W

B&W

Soldato
OP
I think it's pretty terrible, but if you are looking for something you won't like... you definitely won't like it :p

Listen to the song I posted above :)

the song you posted above was actually decent i like metallica only because they made Time to play the game for triple h lol.

but i mean wtf Metal is horrible overall, how can Cannibal Corpse, slipnott etc be called music

Soldato
How do people listen to this king of Music like Slipknott, Killswitch Engage and that kind of tripe, ive been listening to it and its absolutely ****e.

Its grown men screaming down a mic words you cant understand, i mean WTF..............and im talking about all metal music with loud Drums and screaming in the back, its shocking how anyone can like it.

Who agrees with me

Same arguments could be applied to all types of music. ie Dance...How can anyone listen to same looped electronic garbage for 5 mins etc etc blah blah blah.
I'm a massive metal fan and always have been, some of my most memorable times have been at some severely heavy concerts and I actually met my wife while in a mosh pit.

I don't however moan about all other types of music, well at least not since I grew pubes anyway.

Its about choice and personal taste dude. Chill out, grow up and accept that everyone likes different things.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
OP
Same arguments could be applied to all types of music. ie Dance...How can anyone listen to same looped electronic garbage for 5 mins etc etc blah blah blah.
I'm a massive metal fan and always have been, some of my most memorable times have been at some severely heavy concerts and I actually met my wife while in a mosh pit.

I don't however moan about all other types of music, well at least not since I grew pubes anyway.

Its about choice and personal taste dude. Chill out, grow up and accept that everyone likes different things.

Mate

Metal is not music, its a bunch of dirty goths who aint cool, the dregs of society the emo kid at school who screams down a mic, nobody understands what they are saying, there literally screaming down the mic like there balls aint dropped.

Soldato
but i mean wtf Metal is horrible overall, how can Cannibal Corpse, slipnott etc be called music

1. The art or science of combining vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.

That's how.

Mate

Metal is not music, its a bunch of dirty goths who aint cool, the dregs of society the emo kid at school who screams down a mic, nobody understands what they are saying, there literally screaming down the mic like there balls aint dropped.

That's about as accurate as Stevie Wonder playing darts.

What do you listen to then?

Permabanned
Mate

That's possibly one of the most ignorant ass and overtly pretentious statements I've seen today on the forum. Congrats.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
OP
1. The art or science of combining vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.

That's how.

can u explain to me how you find that music good, you cant understand what hes saying, hes just screaming down the mic..............hes like a tramp, look at him..............

look how he performs, swinging his head up and down like a **** like hes under a trance or something, who acts like that.

Soldato
Mate

errr, thats death metal. A subgenre. Lazarus A.D are probably closer to thrash metal than most, i guess, but i fail to see how how most 'metal' groups fail under your amazingly ill-informed blanket statement.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its a bit silly telling people they are wrong because you don't like the music.

I personally don't like it either, but why should my opinion overthrow someone else's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom