*** OcUK Powerlifting Totals ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Good lift, just that lowerback didn't look too nice for me.

Maybe it's just because I injured it, but I notice lumbar curving EVERYWHERE these days.

Ah well, you're still a meanie for getting that 220kg lift so easily. God, it won't be till September before I can really start lifting again.

Associate
As Morba said nice lifting, definitely look like you could have more in the tank with a little work.
cheers :)
Cristian I would say try using smaller plates for a while and start your lift a little lower, it will develop your bottom part of your deadlift. I start almost in a parallel position now where as I used to have my arse higher like you.

I do that, use the smaller plates + wear my shoes (which are not really suited for deadlifting as they are for running and have a thick base) for my working sets. But since the last lift was a personal best, I decided to ditch the shoes and get taller plates to give me an advantage. :D

Good lift, just that lowerback didn't look too nice for me.

Maybe it's just because I injured it, but I notice lumbar curving EVERYWHERE these days.

Ah well, you're still a meanie for getting that 220kg lift so easily. God, it won't be till September before I can really start lifting again.
It's true about the lower back and I shall try to avoid it. I only go for maxes every couple of months. Don't worry, September will come back in no time.

# MoNkeE -------- 65 / 100(+) / 125(+) -------- [77] ---- 290

Change to:

# MoNkeE -------- 67.5 / 117.5 / 135 -------- [77] ---- 320

Thankyouplease :)

result!

Man of Honour
did some deadlifts today, can I get some comments on form from you guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D9b-GFL_38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REBWTA0Xjzk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccQsFjNnlRs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXDoG73LX4Q
(please update my totals as well FF, 220kg deadlift :D)
Nice :) more in the tank tbh, very quick off the floor

Although yes, the form was pretty horrible :p

- arse too high on setup
- your first movement is your back rounding

Causes:
Weak legs/hips, hella strong back.

It's going to take some serious time and effort to correct your form, but as it stands you've got a fairly large injury risk. Go annoyingly light for a while, and stick your arse out more. Before every lift, align your spine first, then drop to depth.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I do that, use the smaller plates + wear my shoes (which are not really suited for deadlifting as they are for running and have a thick base) for my working sets. But since the last lift was a personal best, I decided to ditch the shoes and get taller plates to give me an advantage. :D!

Sounds like a bad idea to me, I'd stick with the same form all the way through.

Associate
Yes absolutely! Sorry if my post came across as negative - very easy lift. With a few form improvements you'll add 10% to that no worries. :)
ah don't worry I asked for comments and it was definately welcome.
Nice :) more in the tank tbh, very quick off the floor

Although yes, the form was pretty horrible :p

- arse too high on setup
- your first movement is your back rounding

Causes:
Weak legs/hips, hella strong back.

It's going to take some serious time and effort to correct your form, but as it stands you've got a fairly large injury risk. Go annoyingly light for a while, and stick your arse out more. Before every lift, align your spine first, then drop to depth.
I only go for maxes every couple of months anyway, so for a while I shall definately focus on form. I shall add RDL's to my routine, any other hamstring/hips exercise that I should include?
Sounds like a bad idea to me, I'd stick with the same form all the way through.

I suppose changing the setup for my heaviest lift isn't the wisest thing, as I'm not getting used to lifting from that position.

Soldato
Exactly, you'll be gutted if you pull something and can't lift for a while.

Don't forget crushing something.

It's been over a month for me now and I've only managed to get to 48% of my max deadlift.

Also Christian I also only did heavy 1rm's every few months, the problem is, what that back rounding it gets stuck into your normal for.
I wrecked my lower back putting away a 20kg weight plate of all things.

All it took was a slight bend in the lower back abd BAM!
There's a vid in the Gym Rats thread of a guy with the same form as you and it instantly wrecked himself. According to his youtube comments he's still in pain daily and it's been months.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I only go for maxes every couple of months anyway, so for a while I shall definately focus on form. I shall add RDL's to my routine, any other hamstring/hips exercise that I should include?
That should be fine, but it's possibly worth taking a look at your squat form in case there is something you can tweak to get some extra carry over.

Also, I completely agree with Lie about the different plates. Technically it doesn't count as a deadlift if it doesn't start from the right hight.

...actually having checked again those bigger plates are possibly the right hight. So in a way, all of your deadlift training is deficit training, which is unusual but not terrible.

Associate
Any vids Squid? As stated in the OP vids are encouraged, and they are required if you have less than 250 posts :)
For such a low weight i still need vid , I'd get laughed out videoing such low weight at my uni gym , i try get pic up when its not so busy.

Soldato
Very happy today everything has gone up including my bench. My bench has been a massive battle for me. It hasnt gone up in 8 months, for whatever reason unknown to me but today it has:D
Heres my new results:

bakes0310 -------- 70 / 100 / 165 -------- [92] ---- 335

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom