Rig/Cruncher images and specs......

Associate
Nothing special compared to some rigs but its the first rig where i've actually got some cable management going on (if you ignore the rats nest of pci-e power cables at the bottom) :D

SETI-PC01.jpg

Associate
Nice tidy rig you have there ReaVerUK. So come on, what's the main components you have on what looks like 3x 295s and dual-socket CPUs? I bet it gets pretty damn hot Folding on air.:)

Associate
what's the main components you have on what looks like 3x 295s and dual-socket CPUs? I bet it gets pretty damn hot Folding on air.:)

I wish it was a dual CPU rig. Its just a very large single cooler ;)
The temps aren't to bad from what i can tell so far (high 50's CPU high 80's low 90's on the GPU's) as its only been running just over a day since i replace a slightly poorly motherboard :p Although for some reason the motherboard temp sensor threw a hissy fit and says it got to 120oC today for a split second :eek::D so i think i'd better keep an eye on it ;)

As for spec

Asus Crosshair V (To replace tha Asus M4N82 Deluxe i managed to melt the 24 pin connector on :p)
Phenom II 965BE
Noctua NH-D14 cooler
8Gb Kingston HyperX Genesis (2x4)
1500W Thermaltake ToughPower PSU (Was my spare but melted the original 1200W's 24pin connector when the MB went ;))
3x GTX295's

One thing i will say is that if i manage to melt any of the power connectors on this board i want a prize :p;)
Its almost as bad as Biffa's 24,8,8pin server board (unless i've missed any on the pictures) with 24,8,4pin & a molex just to be on the safe side :)

Man of Honour
One thing i will say is that if i manage to melt any of the power connectors on this board i want a prize :p;)
Its almost as bad as Biffa's 24,8,8pin server board (unless i've missed any on the pictures) with 24,8,4pin & a molex just to be on the safe side :)

I melted the 24pin on my original P6T7 (weebeastie) the new one had a extra molex and has been fine.

The SR-2 has 2x 8-pin and the Supermicro has the same but can have 3 like BaBa's :eek: think its cos mine only has one pcie.

Associate
Thanks for the info ReaVerUK, certainly the biggest CPU cooler I've ever seen & sweet case for it too :)
How did the 24-pin melt? Of all the mobos I've owned over the past 15 years - including cheapos in the early days - none of them have deformed/melted. May have been bad luck for yourself and Biffa. The CrosshairV Formula is an excellent replacement price/performance.

Although I've already posted a photo of my current rig, I didn't have one of the full layout so took this as it currently stands on my desk - it's damn heavy & nearly put my back out! :eek: The only difference is the addition of the GT4440 for PhysX. It's just above the soundcard in the photo but looks wonky for some odd reason. It's of no use for folding (neither is the cathode lol) with a 5970 and case temps remain unchanged. :cool:

1365r.jpg

Man of Honour
Mine melted because I had 4 Fermi cards and a i7 970X running at 100% and there were no ancilliary power connectors to take the load off the 24pin.

It was quite common a few years back when Fermi came out, happened mainly to EVGA and the P6T7.

Soldato
Spent today upgrading my main rig to a Sandybridge i7, when will motherboard makers learn - don't put power connectors in the middle of the board! :mad:

I've had a go with the auto overclocking, it gives me options up to 4.8, at the moment I'm crunching on the 4.6 option which is at 1.32v, if that is stable I'll up it some more.

10ididt.jpg

Also pic of the updated watercooling in my server, really need to get a black modular psu :o

i5ygxy.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Mythril1976, nice tidy layout and minimal wires on show to help lower temps. :)

Your kinda stuck with those basic OCZ PCI-E 8+6-pin cables unless you buy the this cable extension and manage to hide the original cable - or contact OCZ for better options. My PCI-E 8+6 pins cables are Corsair and already come braided black, but another trick is to buy a roll of Velcro from Amazon for £5 and cover it that way as it will also do away with cable ties. I already did that as you can see here from a previous post. I used black electrical insulating tape on the end there to tidy it up.

Man of Honour
Cheers for the advice :) Currently got 3 systems doing seti work. A 4th is on it's way :) Is there a list of where I am currently at with my seti score ? (If that makes any sence at all lol)

What username did you register as at Seti@Home? I searched for Mythril but only came up with a Swiss, a German and a Yank.

Associate
I am currently running a basic e6300 core 2 duo.

Have ordered an i5 2500k and will be doing a OC build. Will gladly post up pics and get involved in the OC Seti Team.

Some nice rigs here BTW.

Soldato
I am currently running a basic e6300 core 2 duo.

Have ordered an i5 2500k and will be doing a OC build. Will gladly post up pics and get involved in the OC Seti Team.

Some nice rigs here BTW.

Evening PAPPACLART :)

If you do go down the seti route and you have any questions re setting up and what not just drop a message in the latest seti news thread. Allways someone on hand willing to help out .... and welcome to the madhouse :eek::D

Back
Top Bottom