Metal Music Absolutely..........SUCKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I like Emperor, Aborym, Dark Funeral, Blut Aus Nord, The Axis of Perdition, Thorns, Satyricon, Khold, etc etc. It's only a bit of black metal. You're only strange if you become one of those 'kvlt' black metal elitists that claim they're the only ones qualified to decide whether something is 'true' black metal or not.

Associate
I have been listening to metal since the early 80`s,and I still love it.

Seen Metallica 5 times but was unable to goto sonisphere this year :(

I enjoy everything from Nightwish style female fronted metal all the way through to black and death metal.

Currently enjoying In Flames,Arch Enemy,Draconian,Khors,Thurisaz,Nokturnal Mortum.

Soldato
I have been listening to metal since the early 80`s,and I still love it.

Seen Metallica 5 times but was unable to goto sonisphere this year :(

I enjoy everything from Nightwish style female fronted metal all the way through to black and death metal.

Currently enjoying In Flames,Arch Enemy,Draconian,Khors,Thurisaz,Nokturnal Mortum.

The new In Flames album makes baby Jesus cry, though.

And not in the good way. :(

Soldato
Do the corpse paint black metalists not realise they look like rejects from KISS? :D

It depends on how it's done really. There's
isd04.jpg

and then there's

gorgoroth.jpg

and then my fave, UV Corpsepaint!

20050318034520_aborym.JPG

Soldato
I have to say, there really isn't much metal i enjoy either. Most of the time it's a case of it 'just being on', me having no idea what any of the lyrics are supposed to be then maybe a third of the way through realizing what i'm listening to is just annoying and skipping it.

BUT, in the timeless words of Hugh Laurie - genres don't exist. They're just classification designed to make the Record Store owner's life easier. The only 'genres' that really matter to you and me are 'good music' and 'bad music', and that's all there is to it.

Soldato
how about this?

PLEASE listen all the way through rather than just 30 seconds.

Also this next song, is one of the songs I HATE the most but LOVE the most too. The start IMO is utter rubbish but my god the last part of the song is pure amazing.

Skip to 2:30 exactly and listen onwards, you won't regret it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why is it funny? Why is wearing black clothes funny. Looking across the office I can see various people in black clothes and I can guarantee none of them like metal.

What about grown women? Are they allowed to dress in black and wear band t-shirts? Also define a 'grown man'.

When I hit 30 was I supposed to be sent a letter explaining that I'm no longer allowed to wear certain clothing?

As for music, what's to understand? You like it or you don't.

Ooo something that's different to me or I don't understand....best laugh and mock it.... :rolleyes:

Because I personally think it looks like you are a teenager living with mummy if you dress like that, just my opinion. And wearing black clothes themselves is not what I was referring to and you know that full well :p

As for the geeks and outcasts bit, a lot of my mates are geeks and they fit this stereotype perfectly. At school it was always the kids that were socially awkward that were into metal, I think its just how it is, probably a rebllious thing.

Soldato
People would never guess from looking at me that I listen to Morbid Angel or Anaal Nathrakh etc. That's half the fun.

There are well-dressed metal fans who understand something of satorialism, it's just a different spin on the same concept the rest of fashion operates on: the vast majority of people wear clothes which are watered down versions of what gay men in Paris or Milan have dictated is what is 'in' now, or from seasons past (ignoring sports-related clothing/footwear). Metal fans attire is just watered down from what they see people wearing on stage or in promo shoots, or just plain advertising their taste via provocative t-shirts/spikess/metal in their face. Same road, different lane.

Soldato
I will admit to having not read the whole thread however with regards to the music as said before there is so many genres that it is impossible to generalise, death metal sounds nothing like symphonic metal. Though I still cannot work out if the op is trolling or really does make such brash and unfounded decisions on something they know little about.

As for the outcast / socially awkward commets, is that them defining society or society defining them? Being stereotypical but is it us being socially awkward that seperates us and gives us some sort of pre disposition to liking rock and metal or is it our choice in music (and dress) that segregates us and then we are deemed outcasts. I know I have certainly met people who look down on me for my music tastes, on the other hand I have people who dont care.

I do however think there are some people who like the music while some others like the 'scene'. By this I mean to look at me now I am wearing blue fcuk jeans and an emerald green hoody and I have no tattoos or piercings and yet love my rock and metal yet I know enough people who the opposite wearing almost only black with more tattoos and peircings than you count.

For reference my tastes are generally rock and metal I also like artists like kelly clarkson, katy perry, simon and garfunkel, dusty springfield etc. If you look enough at any genre you will find something you like.

Soldato
I'll take the other half of the post then dmpoole (tag team!)

As for the geeks and outcasts bit, a lot of my mates are geeks and they fit this stereotype perfectly. At school it was always the kids that were socially awkward that were into metal, I think its just how it is, probably a rebllious thing.

It's an intelligence thing ;) See some of my previous posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom