Metal Music Absolutely..........SUCKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Black shorts? Thats pretty weird even for metal. I only lots of shorts, and lots of metal T-shirts. No black shorts though.

Not weird as much as blinding, as it seems most metal fans only see the sun during festival season. Pasty white pins contrasting with deathly black shorts, the horror!

I may like a load of ghostly white Scandinavians running around in spikes and paint, but I do like getting a tan myself. :D

Soldato
Dont like metal not my cup of tea. Mega talented at playing there instruments you cant deny that. Still find it funny that people dismiss something as rubbish just because they think so, World woul be such a rubbish place if we all enjoyed the same music :D

I like main stream rock like foo fighters and QOTSA.

Actually i did listen to probot once? Dint mind that but it was a bit disjointed becuase of all the diff singers. What genre is that?

and yea bit of a man crush on Ghrol!

This is probably the most extreme shouty thing i can bear

Last edited:
Soldato
You should be slapped with a wet fish sir.

When I was 14/15 I often said "how the hell can anyone listen to crap like Slipknot etc".. Now it's my favourite genre and I rarely listen to anything but metal. You obviously don't realise how popular it actually is, or how talented a lot of these guys are. I try and go to at least one big live show a year, I'm going to see Iron Maiden in 2 weeks and I'm going to enjoy every single second of it.

You keep your Eliza Doolittle, Caro Emerald, Cee-lo Green and other pop/rnb rubbish.

Associate
Cee Lo Green's album was my favourite of last year. I also adore Death Metal, Black Metal, Doom Metal, Djent etc.

Why are people who like metal cast into a stereotype moreso than people who like other genres of music? I don't wear black all the time, my hair isn't overly long, I maintain personal hygiene, I don't headbang at concerts, I don't hate the world. I like upbeat indie pop as much as I do brutal death metal, just as I like Mary Poppins as much as I do Pasolini's Salo, and I find nothing strange about it.

Last edited:
Associate
Just a note in point, the last 5 saongs that just played on my iPod were

Nightwish - High Hopes
All That Remains - Clarity
Rammstein - Rosenrot
Disturbed - Decadence
Metallica - So What

All of which are metal, however all very different sub-genres of metal and all VERY different, look them all up on YouTube and you will see what I mean

Associate
You should be slapped with a wet fish sir.

When I was 14/15 I often said "how the hell can anyone listen to crap like Slipknot etc".. Now it's my favourite genre and I rarely listen to anything but metal. You obviously don't realise how popular it actually is, or how talented a lot of these guys are. I try and go to at least one big live show a year, I'm going to see Iron Maiden in 2 weeks and I'm going to enjoy every single second of it.

You keep your Eliza Doolittle, Caro Emerald, Cee-lo Green and other pop/rnb rubbish.

This is the main problem. All of the people who were pro-metal in this thread have basically said that it is all opinions and that they enjoy metal and the like. You have descended to his level though and called what he listens to rubbish (Although you have actually chosen the wrong people, he said he listened to tupac).

Soldato
Nightwish - High Hopes
Disturbed - Decadence
Metallica - So What

Three brilliant songs right there!

I don't get why people are so "XXXX type of music is rubbish" The world would be boring if we were all the same, just accept people are different and have different tastes. There is a lot of music I don't like and some genres I tend to stay away from completely and the people who listen to that probably stay away from metal too but as long as they aren't complete d*cks whats it matter. And if they are complete d*cks then I doubt their music taste is going to change them much.

Soldato
Well, i hate, pop music / dance music / country music / rap music / rnb music / bands such as oasis / the beatles i also cannot stand...i do not create a thread about them though :/

SOMEONE must like them as they make money from it...festivals such as download and sonisphere attract hundreds of thousands of people...so i cant SUCK that much can it, some people like to bang their heads to a guy screaming down a microphone while another guy beats the hell out of some drums and a few others thrash away at guitars. Others like to listen to someone "rap" about hoes and drugs, and other slike to make cheesy dances to repetetive beats...unfortunatly they are all entitled to do so :)

As for not understanding the lyrics, i cant understand a word most rappers say at all, where as i can happily sing along to slipknot and even bands such as Bring me the horizon etc :)

Metal > anything though ;)

Soldato
Well, i hate, pop music / dance music / country music / rap music / rnb music / bands such as oasis / the beatles i also cannot stand...i do not create a thread about them though :/

SOMEONE must like them as they make money from it...festivals such as download and sonisphere attract hundreds of thousands of people...so i cant SUCK that much can it, some people like to bang their heads to a guy screaming down a microphone while another guy beats the hell out of some drums and a few others thrash away at guitars. Others like to listen to someone "rap" about hoes and drugs, and other slike to make cheesy dances to repetetive beats...unfortunatly they are all entitled to do so :)

As for not understanding the lyrics, i cant understand a word most rappers say at all, where as i can happily sing along to slipknot and even bands such as Bring me the horizon etc :)

Metal > anything though ;)

just as bad as OP

Soldato
just as bad as OP

If that has anything to do with the last line, you dont understand sarcasm ;)

Everyone is entitled to like whatever music they like, if someone didnt like it, then there would be no point in making it. All i can say is I dont like the music and I think it sucks, but im not saying it DOES suck, if someone can make millions out of making music of any genre, fair play to them, i wish i could.

Associate
I'm a fan of 'Metal'. One thing I really hate about it, which I suppose happens with most genres, is how badly represented it is in the mainstream... Like when you say you like 'metal' people think of bands like Slipknot, Bring me the Horizon and other bands, you know what I mean..

However Metal is an extremely extremely diverse genre with some of the best musicians... you get people who can't stand bands like Slipknot yet like other bands..

I fail to see how anyone can blindly say "I DON'T LIKE METAL" or something similiar, theres so much diversity and inteligence to metal, how it is percieved by more mainstream bands, and how it has been seen in the past is that it is for angsty teenagers.. ugh. True many people delve into metal this way but then discover how big the scene is and find the gold as it were :).

The metal scene in the UK is awful with regards to mainstream coverage and how popular it is, like I said the music people think of when they hear the term 'Metal' is usually a bad representation... Trends are bad over here.. I don't class a lot of mainstream music put under the term 'Metal' as 'Metal' at all.. Its usually a watered down or marketted/aimed at the teenagers. Thats the music industry and money eh?

However if you look at a lot of European countries, Germany for example, they have amazing metal scenes where metal is quite prevelant in the charts, it is a lot more mainstream... But then again Europe does most things better.

Didn't really want to reply to this thread as the internet is awful for debating or trying to explain something.. especially if you're like me and bad at articulating :p

Associate
To add to my post..
I've often found fans of metal to be open minded.. But you also get elitism like any other genre.

I however consider myself a big fan of Metal overall, yet I listen to a lot of other music.. Tomorrow for example i'm going to see Godspeed You! Black Emperor live again, excited.

What I look for in music is emotion and power, which I find in metal a lot, in different ways, whether it serious music or just great fun.

Heres some of the 'Metal' i've been listening to a lot recently.

Trollfest, first video.. I love this band for the craziness, yet fun, along with the traditional instruments.

And this band is simply amazing, from Israel, their debut album is a concept album about the bible stories of Exodus (Moses).. They don't have any good samples on youtube but this album as a full listen is amazing. Very proggy band. This band sounds miles away form any 'Metal' that you see in the mainstream. Then again not the type of band to be commercial really.
The atmosphere they create is awesome, its deffinately one of those albums that takes you somewhere else for the running time of the album :) Plus the kind that makes you click 'Repeat' to go on that journey again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom