*** OcUK Powerlifting Totals ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
whatisgoingon.jpg

Seriously impressive numbers going on! I have my work cut out!

Haven't posted in this thread in ages due to it being depressing while I was dieting, but now my strength is coming back I thought I'd see how far I'd slipped down the charts and what I need to get back up

Caporegime
Heheeeeeeeee

First day back yesterday, may actually be able to keep at it for more than three months this time :p :o

Bench: 0
Squat: 0
Deadlift: 50kg

Heheeeeeeee, beat that!!!

EDIT: BW is about 83kg I think

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi,

Can i please have my DL and Bench upped please?

175+ Bench and 250 DL (Staps)

Ta
Wow - Solid lifts!

I think it might time to start attacking my squats. First time I've started going this heavy in a year. Althought I've been squatting 3 times a week, my figures have been maxing up to 140KG.

Caporegime
Heheeeeeeeee

First day back yesterday, may actually be able to keep at it for more than three months this time :p :o

Bench: 0
Squat: 0
Deadlift: 50kg

Heheeeeeeee, beat that!!!

EDIT: BW is about 83kg I think

Have a new PB for my bench whcih im dead happy about :)...Not a touch on you guys but early days yet.

Delvis: 50kg / 50kg / 50kg ----- [83kg BW] ----- 150KG :o

:p

EDIT: I seem to be stuck at 50........:o

Last edited:
Associate
Can I play? I don't back squat or regular deadlift but here's mine:

sumo deadlift: 148kg x 1 (straps)
front squat: 75kg x 3 (only just started this so it should go up soon)
bench press: 85kg x 1 (lame and not going anywhere anytime soon cos my shoulder is screwed).

BW: 99kg

Last edited:
Associate
How did you make 148kg?! ;)

Good lifts, and your bench isn't bad when compared to the other two. Why sumo, out of interest?

sorry I don't get the first bit, but I'm probably being dim!

I'm quite tall with a history of lower back problems and never really got on with regular deads so switched to sumo. Within a couple of months I'd surpassed my best regular deadlift (which had not really improved for quite a while) so I think this is the way to go for me.

Similar reason for switching to front squats really. I was squatting 125kg (smith) but it was giving my lower back some grief so changed to front squats. It's seems to put less stress on my lower back but I won't really know until I get the weight up.

Man of Honour
It's just an odd number :) I can't make that with the plates in my gym...

Fair enough reasons, although squatting in a smith is horrible either way surely?

Associate
It's just an odd number :) I can't make that with the plates in my gym...

Oh I get you now. I have a 6' olympic bar which I was told is 18kg when I bought it. Never actually weighed it though.

Yeah, smith wasn't ideal so I brought my cellar gym back to life. Got a squat rack in there but I still wasn't getting on with back squatting so I'm giving front squats a go.

I like them but haven't decided on best grip to use yet. I've only been doing them a few weeks.

Soldato
Important part for me when doing them is to create a shelf of your front delts. Really lift your arms up high and you front delts will come forwards a little bit, providing a nice shelf for the bar to lift across. Then you just squat! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom