Indoor cycle trainer - recommendations?

Associate
Looking to get myself an indoor trainer for general fitness use (I'm not a racing cyclist by any means)

Any recommendations?

Associate
OP
I'd certainly consider it yeah - my budget for the cycle trainer is £200-£300 - is it possible to get a decent rowing machine for that money?

Soldato
Ah that could be a problem. With cardio equipment you really need to look for commercial or light commercial gear or you'll most likely be sorely disappointed with the build quality and life span of the device. Unfortunately commercial gear will be closer to £1000!

The Concept2 is basically the benchmark standard of a decent ergo (rower), but this will be way beyond your budget unless you can score a second hand one, but even then you'll be pushing it.

Luckily I was able to find a refurbished Tunturi R60 for £450 (normally £900) which is classed as light commercial. I just had a look around and the cheapest I can find is £550 which is double your budget.

My only other recommendation would be getting a skipping rope. Seriously! Best £5 I've spent. It doesn't take too long to build up the technique, and as long as you've space to use it it's excellent for cardiovascular fitness. 10 minutes a night of HIIT with a skipping rope will get you sweating for sure.

Caporegime
+1 on the skipping rope, an indoor cycle is terrible for fitness or losing bodyfat their are far better options out there, 1 hour on the cycle is like 15 mins of skipping.

for cardio the best you can get is a concept 2 rower (£1.4K brand new), its a lot nicer on your knees than a treadmill and gives a full body workout. but generally people do prefer treadmills.

anything you buy for £200-£300 will break easily and force you to spend even more, the best thing you can do is join a gym, failing that a skipping rope.

Back
Top Bottom