Tesco's clubcard voucher exchange

Soldato
OP
hmmm so I logged in for the first time and it says over I have £65 of vouchers with the first one expiring end of August... Is it possible I may have had more vouchers, but some have expired, or does that page show you all your vouchers, ever?

Unlucky mate. How long have you had the clubcard for? I've had mine since 2006, and although I was getting their regular statements, I didn't know how to use the vouchers for a good year. I just thought that I redeemed the points on the card like you do with all other loyalty cards, Boots, Nectar, WHSmiths and so on. Then someone pointed it out to me. Once I started using it online, it only showed the vouchers that were still current.

hmmm so I logged in for the first time and it says over I have £65 of vouchers with the first one expiring end of August... Is it possible I may have had more vouchers, but some have expired, or does that page show you all your vouchers, ever?

THey are valid fo 2 years so i think some of your older ones have expried now.
But at least you have just had a windfall of vouchers ;)

You can get new hard copies by speaking to customer services I think, or use the code to spend them online

Didn't realise the Finest range was so extensive. I've got my magazine subscription now though :) and a tenner left which I'll probs use to double up for the Finest range.

It varies by shop as does value range.
All supermarkets are the same they vary the product ranges by the demographic area who will shop there.

Scummy areas (politically correct version : less well off areas ;) )will have loads of value and not much finest.

Soldato
Its not the most efficient usage, but I use my clubcard vouchers against my electricity/gas bills. £5 of voucher gives you a £7.50 credit against your Eon bill. Only works for Eon, mind. Plus some of the Eon tarriffs get you clubcard points too, which is handy since its so expensive nowadays.

Side note: There's an offer currently running in all Tesco stores. For every £20 you spend, you get a coupon (You should be offered, but if not you'll have to ask the cashier). 10 coupons gets you 70% off on one of 7 pieces of cookware:
http://direct.tesco.com/q/N.1999444$3978835/Nr.99.aspx
(Those plus a 4.7L casserole thing)

No idea if they are any good, but 70% is quite a lot.

Last edited:
Soldato
It varies by shop as does value range.
All supermarkets are the same they vary the product ranges by the demographic area who will shop there.

Scummy areas (politically correct version : less well off areas ;) )will have loads of value and not much finest.

Mine is in a decent area so should be quite a bit to choose from. I do pick up one or two finest things every week, e.g. I like their finest bacon and sausages, and things like jam. My cats like the finest cat food but that's not included in the deal. :(

Will have to have a good look this week :)

Associate
I was considering it this time, but noticed that you can triple them for Goldsmiths vouchers. I've always lusted after a certain watch, so this brings it to me that little bit sooner...

Soldato
Side note: There's an offer currently running in all Tesco stores. For every £20 you spend, you get a coupon (You should be offered, but if not you'll have to ask the cashier). 10 coupons gets you 70% off on one of 7 pieces of cookware:
http://direct.tesco.com/q/N.1999444$3978835/Nr.99.aspx
(Those plus a 4.7L casserole thing)

No idea if they are any good, but 70% is quite a lot.

Not all stores, we haven't heard anything of it. (Metro)
Probably Superstores and those with homeshop only IMHO.

-Leezer-

Soldato
THey are valid fo 2 years so i think some of your older ones have expried now.
But at least you have just had a windfall of vouchers ;)

You can get new hard copies by speaking to customer services I think, or use the code to spend them online

went in to the shop but they couldn't help. They can only exchange vouchers... for vouchers.

Phoned up and my last 2 years have all been re-rolled into my november statement giving me a bunch of time to decide what to do with them as I'm too late for the double points thing on the finest .

Soldato
We just use ours for eating out though I've not changed any up in a while. I think we have about 80 of vouchers in my desk drawer.

sadly doubling up to £160 still won't get me a D700 so they can stay in the draer for now.

Soldato
Got my new vouchers today.

£23 worth but a rubbish (for us anyway) selection of Exchange options again.

This time, £5 will get you £10 for: clothing, opticians, skincare cosmetics & fragrance, toys & bikes, and phones.

£10 will get you £20 for: cookware dining and home, small domestic appliances, furniture and Finest champagne and wine.

Never seen it have two levels before, it's always been in multiples of £5 before that I've seen, never seen a £10 level.

Might swap it for the champagne and wine but don't really want to be tied to Tesco's own brand really. If I could double on any wine and champers I'd get a nice bottle of Veuve.

May well end up just getting £23 off my shopping, or using the rewards online instead again.

Soldato
May well end up just getting £23 off my shopping, or using the rewards online instead again.

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=1953

Turn £10 of Clubcard vouchers into £15 to pay towards your energy bill.E.ON and Clubcard have teamed up to offer Clubcard customers the opportunity to pay for their energy using their Clubcard vouchers. And every £10 in Clubcard vouchers will get you £15 off your E.ON energy bill. This offer currently excludes customers on E.ON’s StayWarm, WarmAssist Fixed, Age UK and E.ON EnergyProtect tariffs and those with prepayment meters.

That's what my clubcard vouchers go on. Not as good as the doubling up, value wise, but its on something I'll deffinately use, rather than days out that I wouldn't normally go on.

Back
Top Bottom