Paid for surveys

Associate
Has anyone signed up for any paid for survey schemes? I know they sound like a con but i'm led to believe they do exist

Caporegime
They do exist but most of the ones I've seen only offer vouchers or really small payments that aren't worth the time it takes to answer all the questions.

Associate
They exist, but they will sell your data on to many many companies. So if your doing them get registered on TPS and MPS registers. (Also add your mobile to TPS)

Soldato
My Old Man does a lot of these now he's retired, he gets Tesco vouchers, Amazon credit and other money off vouchers. He has a lot of time on his hands so it works out pretty well, but if you're just going to dip in here and there I wouldn't bother as it'll take a while to get anything worthwhile out of it.

Associate
www.yougov.com is one of the more well-known ones, and their statistics are often seen as citations on news reports (BBC etc). You get an average of 50p per survey, and you have to build up £50 at a time for a payout. But they don't take long to complete so I think it's worth it.

I've had one £50 cheque already and am working towards another one.

Associate
www.yougov.com is one of the more well-known ones, and their statistics are often seen as citations on news reports (BBC etc). You get an average of 50p per survey, and you have to build up £50 at a time for a payout. But they don't take long to complete so I think it's worth it.

I've had one £50 cheque already and am working towards another one.

how longs it taken you to get that though?

Soldato
I did it a bit after graduated before I found a job. Made about £185 plus some product samples. Worth it if you've got free time to spare.

Associate
how longs it taken you to get that though?

a very long time. I signed up for it a year ago, you need I think it's 500 points to get a £50 voucher and you get 10 points per survey which usually takes about 20mins to answer and the majority of it is on politics... YAWN.

They're all pointless, you could make more money spending the time it takes to do surveys scouring the streets for pennies.

Caporegime
not worth it imo the legit ones only send a few surveys a month and they generally are worth 50p..

lightspeedpanel used to be really good but they were closed to new users 95% of the time

Soldato
A couple of years ago we had someone knock on our door and ask if we could answer questions for a survey (they filled it in) which would take about 20 minutes and we would be given an Argos voucher of about £15-20. We agreed and it was just that. 20 minutes answering questions like do you buy CDs online etc. Gave us the voucher and asked if they could post us another survey. We agreed. When it arrived it was huge and I mean huge. Completely laughable in size. We never even contemplated filling it in. They rang quite a few times and then gave up. All in all not that bad for the voucher.

Associate
I'm in Consumer Pulse, which is fantastic. I can't remember how I got invited to it, but I reckon I've had well over £150 from them over the last couple of years for what is essentially no work.

You get paid in vouchers, but they're for real shops and actual gift vouchers as opposed to money off coupons with obscure terms attached.

I get 50p's worth every week just for logging in, then another 50p for each item of shopping I log on there up to a fiver a month. Shopping is what you would consider 'luxury' stuff like music, clothes, fragrances - not the essentials. Also, there's £2 a month for a telecoms survey, so it all adds up.

Associate
I used to do them on Toluna, did it for a couple of months and generally got a £12 Amazon voucher every month or so. I'd mindlessly click through them while watching TV or something, but as other people have found, the invitations to worthwhile surveys do seem to trail off after a while. I wasn't really bothered about doing lots of equally lengthy ones for far fewer points, so just gave up on it in the end. Still, the vouchers just got added to my Amazon account, so for a while I could just pick up CDs/small accessories I fancied, handy with free P&P.

I also got sent a bottle of lube as a product sample to report back on. True story.

Ciao! was a waste of time imo. Kept getting screened out, then the final straw was reaching 20 minutes into a survey only then to get screened out. No thanks.

Myvoice on the other hand, is fine. Works out at £1 for 10 minutes you participate and you can redeem it for Sainsbury's, WHSmiths etc.

Associate
I also get the occasional invite from Fhios, but it was ten years ago when I was last accepted into their survey as I don't seem to be within their target demographic...

Back
Top Bottom