Riots in Tottenham, London! (NO RACIST COMMENTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Water cannon is useful for concentrating rioters into one area and then contained. However, we also need a plan for what happens when they are there.
We're getting very hung up on water cannon, and I think another thing we haven't really touched on is that it's highly likely that NI wouldn't be that happy about providing one of their 6 assets to London. I understand there are still major marches planned and I doubt they'd want rid of a major asset during that time.
What happens in NI isn't what is happening in London. Over there it's a group v group thing, over here it is not. You are comparing apples and oranges and suggesting that you can use the same tools to combat the problem. You can't.
So,for how long have you been policing to be such an expert on riot control?

Caporegime
People at my work place who live or pass through Wimbledon are going home now before any trouble starts. A colleague's missus was due to go for a hen night in Kingston tonight but fortunately he persuaded her to not go.

Caporegime
Shut the **** up and add something more constructive to your post.

Geez, a couple of little riots and all of a sudden people lose their sense of humour. :eek:

Being from Australia I thought you would have had more of an input about controlling coloured people.

Sorry, can't help you there. I'm only a 3rd generation Aussie, and my father was an English immigrant. :)

The weak Met response is surprising. For years we heard of increased police powers under Labour, and witnessed the brutality of the cops kicking nine kinds of hell out of peaceful climate change protesters (not to mention Ian Tomlinson, RIP). But now there's a real riot, they've proved about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

The irony is palpable.

Soldato
"what about Mark Duggan" Yeah what about him the ******* criminal scum.

hmm...so many lies already told about his death that i will honestly not be surprised if it comes back saying he didn't even have a gun

if he did point a gun at police then fair enough he deserved to be shot but why the lies about him shooting at them first and hitting the radio etc.

Caporegime
The two idiot Girls drinking Rose wine, they're attacking the rich people. No they're not, they're basically attacking anyone who tries to make something of their lives by trying to make a living for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom