best place for insurance for a road bike?

Soldato
Gotta have it on a cycle to work scheme so paying over 12 months - its worth more than every car I've had lol.
Want it insured so I can leave it when I cycle places as don't want to end paying for something I don't have.
Cheers.

Soldato
I have mine bike insured for £1100 with ETA. It costs about £110 per year which seems pretty steep, but you get public liability cover and breakdown rescue. I can't provide an opinion on it either way, as I've not had cause to use any of the services yet. I would expect that you can get much cheaper insurance elsewhere!

Soldato
OP
I have mine bike insured for £1100 with ETA. It costs about £110 per year which seems pretty steep, but you get public liability cover and breakdown rescue. I can't provide an opinion on it either way, as I've not had cause to use any of the services yet. I would expect that you can get much cheaper insurance elsewhere!

looking on the net only cycleguard crops up and endsleigh but endsleigh need a fancy lock or something so thats out.... i'll be locking it up but have no idea if its certified!

cycleguard is £51 a year.

will check eta. cheers.

Soldato
Most insurers will insist that you have a lock that meets one of the Sold Secure ratings, the level of which depends on the value of your bike. For example, ETA state;

Bikes up to the value of £250 require a Bronze-rated Sold Secure lock
Bikes up to the value of £1500 require a Silver-rated Sold Secure lock
Bikes that have a value exceeding £1500 require a Gold-rated Sold Secure lock

I went for a Kryptonite Evolution Mini LS, which cost about £35 and is silver rated, though you can get a gold rated Kryptonite Evolution Series 4 LS Lock for about the same if your bike cost over £1500.

Soldato
OP
Hhhmmm doesn't say on the quote? It's got an Abus lock though....

Thank you for your interest in Cycleguard. Your quote has been saved for you, just use the link to buy now – happy in the knowledge that:
1.Thanks to our price guarantee, you couldn't have got a better quote anywhere else
2. Our money back guarantee, allows you 28 days to change your mind

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your quote (valid until 05 September 2011)

Monthly premium:

£4.80*

Annual premium:

£51.00**

Cover details

Value of bicycles covered:

£785.00

Type of cover:

Urban and Leisure

Area covered:

UK

Options not taken

Cover outside of the UK - useful if you cycle abroad occasionally

Family members extension - covers family members to have occasional use of your bike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What to do now!
Follow the buy now link, and obtain instant cover online within a matter of minutes, but please take a little time to read our policy summary.

If you would like to amend your quote and maybe add in some of the options you didn't take on this quote, just follow the amend your quote link where you'll be able to customise your quote cover and price instantly!

If you have any questions please do not hestitate to email or call our helpful UK based call centre on 0845 408 1811. Our call centre is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 7pm.

Back
Top Bottom