Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27th - 28th August 2011]

Caporegime
wenger didnt say yes or no to 'quiting' did i hear right?

He said something like "We have a break, then games and then come back and we'll be focusing on that".

So not a yes or a no, but he said we and we'll.

And no it didn't sound like he wanted to sign any players. Crazy crazy crazy.

Soldato
First Premier league club to have 3 players sent off in the first 3 games of a season.

At least we're breaking records!

Song is Song, but the other two IMO were direct results of playing completely inexperienced players in games of massive important and expecting them to be able to keep their heads for 90mins. Again, entirely Wenger's fault. Fabregas had a great team around him to grow in, Wilshere broke into the team over a couple of seasons. Someone like Jenkinson is basically being thrown to the wolves and expected to return with a handfull of pelts. Asking way too much.

Soldato
. Someone like Jenkinson is basically being thrown to the wolves and expected to return with a handfull of pelts. Asking way too much.

Yeah, asking to play with a dysfunctional, poor center back pairing against Young, Rooney, Nani, you can't expect anything other than exactly what happened tbh.

Caporegime
Well imo you need Cahill fix your cack defense, Arsenal need to stop signing strikers there is no way thats a position Arsenal need to focus on to add strength to.

Id say Sell Arshavin and buy some one else As he has been utter crap for awhile, Doesnt Hazard player on the wing? Allot of people rate him so maybe sign him.

Correct me if im wrong hasn't one of your board members come previously and said its him who wont spend etc? If so board need to step in now more than ever

Cahill won't fix a cack defense, look at how crap Kos looked last year, how HUGELY improved he looked alongside Verm, and how crap he looked alongside Djourou. One player can't fix a defense, the system is wrong, the training is wrong, the positioning/covering, everything is wrong in there.

Arshavin hasn't been cack for a while, he's been cack for two games, he was probably top 3-4 players in preseason and last year he was also good, the team is simply playing so horribly offensively he can't work with it. He's a little guy, he's not Kevin Davies, he can't battle through a team on his own, nor hold it up well, he needs fast paced attacking football to run into space and make chances, when our football is slow and no one moves, he's easily easily contained.

Also yes, our board for over a decade now has said "wenger has X amount to spend" every year and Wenger won't, again the issue is Wenger actually thinks Song is brilliant, and Djourou, and, etc, etc, etc. If you had ROnaldo, you wouldn't buy a replacement, when someone thinks Song is the best DM in the world, you don't replace him, the problem is Wenger has lost ALL ability to judge a players ability, which was by FAR his best quality in his early Arsenal years.

Were people seriously doubting Ashley Young?

tbh Merson is right, how many Arsenal players would get in to the other top teams, only RVP(maybe) imo.

I don't rate Ramsey or Wiltshere at all, they never look dangerous

Pretty much, but you're COMPLETELY wrong about Wilshire, I'll say again for the seats at the back, HE PLAYED AS A DM LAST SEASON. Did Makelele look dangerous, does De Jong, does Busquets, does Mascherano.

Realise where he played and that he is disciplined and stayed back 98% of the time which is why he was so good. Song is epically rubbish at DM< because he runs off all over the place, zero discipline, rubbish DM, pretty simple. When Wilshire plays further forwards, which is his natural role, he's a very dangerous player.

Ramsey looks a shadow of the player pre-injury though, before injury he was closer to Fabregas/Wilshire, get the ball, turn into space, pass inteligently, since he got back from loan he's been slow on the ball, passing badly, turning INTO trouble and losing it constantly in stupid places.

As for Young, yes, half(probably more) of the Utd AND Liverpool fans were saying Young really wasn't that good and 20mil would be a waste, he wouldn't start..... wouldn't start ahead of Valencia and was no where near as good as Nani...... they were very very very wrong.

Tbf to Wilshire he does look like he can be quite good but isnt there just yet.

He is there, he just wasn't playing an attacking role last season, he looked more dangerous for England as he plays a more attacking role, more of a CM than AM/DM and in preseason he looked VERY dangerous as he did at Bolton and anytime before that loan.

Last edited:
Soldato
Are you being serious?:confused:

Maybe i shouldn't have said i don't rate them at all, but i don't think they are top class by any stretch. The amount of times i have seen Arsenal bombing forward and then the ball goes to Ramsey and it just stops and all of the pace and impetus goes out of the move....

Can they pass it around midfield? Yes, can i see them setting up many goals? Not really

Caporegime
He'd make a good go of it, that's for sure. I really can't see what Wenger has got left to offer at this point in time. If he has then he'd better do it pretty dam quick but I suspect that the long knives have already been drawn.

They've been drawn ever since the Carling Cup Final and rightly so. Everyone likes to see the ball kept on the ground and nice passing but if you're constantly drawing and losing then what's the point? Wenger has no idea, he has no plan B, it's plan A which is keep it on the ground and try and play fluidly, when that isn't working he has absolutely no idea. Our left and right backs are still overlapping our wingers and leaving MASSIVE gaps, every time our opponent breaks on us they just stick it in the empty space and watch an attacker run straight at the CB's. It's pathetic and it's been happening for years.

wenger didnt say yes or no to 'quiting' did i hear right?

Pretty sure he said he wasn't even thinking about it.

Caporegime
I can see an almighty spanking for Arsenal this weekend by Utd:(...doubtful if we sign any players that they will be able to play for us with so little time left before the game.

Doesnt help that we have a few suspensions and injuries as well...looking very grim for us.

Please go easy on us Utd:p

Looks like i was spot on with my prediction....what an almighty spanking indeed:(...top man Fergie for his supportive words towards Wenger...new found respect for him.

We are well and truly screwed if Wenger doesnt buy before Wed...so so so screwed...worst start for over 20 yrs...depressing stuff.

Back
Top Bottom