**HAZRO HZ27WA & HZ27WC ARRIVING SOON INCLUDING NONE-GLASS VERSIONS!**

Soldato
Which cards does it not work on?

I'm going to get a new card, either a GTX570 or 6950. Not much point in me getting an ATI card if ATI dont display a post screen with this monitor

I dont understand how it can be an AMD issue as drivers do not load until the windows login page. Before that its the card alone, so AMD would have to release firmware updates for each individual graphics card, rather than add something magical into their software drivers.

Soldato
Hazro already stated it's firmware.

It seems it's upto AMD to sort out their cards problems. As such I'll be sticking with NV if I can to avoid problems.

Or Hazro to sort out their screens firmware?

I'm presuming any other monitor works fine with ATI cards. Ive never had a problem with my 5770 and ive tested 4 monitors with it (and 2 TVs)

Soldato
Out of the three ATI/AMD cards I tested, only one had a problem with display not showing up and that was a reference 5850.

Non-reference MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II and MSI 6950 Twin Frozr III work fine with this monitor.

Soldato
I don't thnk I've ever had a monitor do this before, or heard of one.

As we are already aware, the monitor shows up as a Samsung SyncMaster... so maybe the fault is with Hazro and they're using ATI as a quick scapegoat?

I mean honestly, Hazro have said once or twice it's an ATI problem, but they ignore it from then on as if they want it to just go away.

Soldato
Does it come up as a Samsung Syncmaster on your machine?

It comes up as Generic PnP monitor on mine. I will check tonight nad post what it comes up with (definately not a syncmaster though)

Soldato
Is it ironic that I tested it with my mates Samsung syncmaster to get into the post screen?!

Anyway, will check later to see what the driver is listed as

Associate
These problems occur on some variants of the ATI 5xxx cards due to issues with the monitor being a Dual Link device [and not because its a 'Hazro']. Similar problems reported on other 30" monitors too.

Associate
Just an update, mini-displayport to displayport arrived and no problems with the WD now, appears quality issues were related to the HDMI connector (so probably the scaler was causing the sharpness issues).

Associate
Just an update, mini-displayport to displayport arrived and no problems with the WD now, appears quality issues were related to the HDMI connector (so probably the scaler was causing the sharpness issues).

Nice one . where did you get it from ? I am using the one that came with my 6990 but I have noticed a few times now , a little 'glitch' flashes on the screen the odd time ,just for a split second say when watching a movie for example (BlueRay) .... I hope the screen is not faulty but I cannot rule out the adapter/ cable as I am sure they are cheap as chips !

Associate
Nice one . where did you get it from ? I am using the one that came with my 6990 but I have noticed a few times now , a little 'glitch' flashes on the screen the odd time ,just for a split second say when watching a movie for example (BlueRay) .... I hope the screen is not faulty but I cannot rule out the adapter/ cable as I am sure they are cheap as chips !

Cost £7.50 + delivery. It's the same StarTech 1.8m cable that seems to be sold anywhere though (just with faster delivery than the rainforest vendor offered).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom