Sell gaming pc and go to console?

Associate
Other way round, consoles are dying with the PC taking over. then the new consoles will come out and focus will be drawn on them again. then PCs will begin to dominate with newer hardware etc as the consoles start to get old.

Just buy a PS3 and plug it into your PC monitor (A supermarket had them for 155 the other week). Then you can play the good console stuff like Uncharted, Red Dead etc on PS3 and then stuff like DExHR, Skyrim, BF3 etc on PC.

There is room for both to coexist quite happily.

Associate
tl;dr

Buy a PC if you can comfortably afford one and dont mind having to 'fiddle' sometimes to get the most out of your games. (Eg, config tweaks, installing mods)

Buy a console if you just want to be able to put a disk in the tray and start playing.

PC is still overwhelmingly the gaming enthusiast platform.

C64

C64

Soldato
Dark souls, fifa 12, ultimate marvel vs capcom 3, metal gear rising, forza 4, there's five brilliant games coming soon that are not going to pc I rest my case.
All I have to look forward to on pc is battlefield 3 :mad: no doubt even the new batman game will get a delayed on pc announcement just like the first one again.

Soldato
Dark souls, fifa 12, ultimate marvel vs capcom 3, metal gear rising, forza 4, there's five brilliant games coming soon that are not going to pc I rest my case.
All I have to look forward to on pc is battlefield 3 :mad: no doubt even the new batman game will get a delayed on pc announcement just like the first one again.

Skyrim? EP3? (when it's released :p)

Associate
I've found it much easier to find a more like-minded, age-appropriate bunch of people to hang out with and play games with on PC than in random matchmaking on XBL. I'll sell my PC when I fancy having some prepubescent children swear at me each time I want to relax, thanks.

If this forum had up/down ratings like Reddit, I'd be upboating this all day long.

Associate
Such a shame you cant use a mouse in first person shooters on consoles.

You can but I can't comment on the quality of these adaptors you can buy online that allows a mouse and keyboard to be used as i've never used one. Google around - who knows, they might be good.

Meh i'm with you OP. I'm tired of pc gaming. Partly down to the developers faults for completely neglecting pc games (though the quality of ports has improved greatly) and I do get that repetitive feeling when on PC. It was pleasant surprise to see a multiplatform game being built from the ground up for PC though (BF3). Graphics are undoubtedly better on PC, but you know, when on a party chat with friends playing games, it's pretty fun and worth not having as good graphics. Most of my friends are on consoles due to the convenience and I'm a bit of social gamer so I prefer playing with close buddies.

P.S have you considered hooking up your PC then to a HD monitor and playing from far back with a desk/ 360 joypad attached?

Last edited:
Associate
Of course by a ps3!!! It makes you more connected,more sociable as everybody will now know your account details, your credit card numbers, you will have close interaction with the support to when you will be using the online play again or ever play again in general due to yellow lights of death or whatever they call them...

You can't use the internet without wanting to throw the controller on the T.V, have a collection of without reason more expensive dvd's than the computer ones,and use the computer you will need to buy to use facebook...

I was thinking that the only reason you should buy a ps3 or xbox is if you are a halo,gran turismo or a uncharted fan

Soldato
Cheaper and more cost effective gaming on consoles, PC's use tons more power than consoles for a start sure the games might be a tenner cheaper but then the cost of new parts is significantly more...Then you have the problem with some games optimised for either amd or intel...

May be cheaper, but its far worse... Plus idc about electric costs as i dont pay them ^^

Plus upgrading is addictive O_O

Consoles have their place.... like novelty doorstops for example :D

If you don't like rts / fps games then maybe an old console is the way to go

Pc's for me are far better for games and since I use the computer for many other things including photoshop a console would just never get touched whereas the PC is always in use.

Caporegime
I've been thinking the same thing recently, the having to tinker with settings etc and then cf not working etc I find I spend as much time setting it up as playing, thy I play more flash games etc now, infact I only played 5 mins of crysis 2 (the last game I bought) maybe its my age (26)

my main consideration of consoles is no gfx options at all to play with

Back
Top Bottom