Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Soldato
Let me get that right Jake................ Artice = MAYBE one free map pack???? ........ Link states ALL map packs free?????????

Oh and who needs a capture card Elite members can upload HD video with double the current length. Tidy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Let me get that right Jake................ Artice = MAYBE one free map pack???? ........ Link states ALL map packs free?????????

Oh and who needs a capture card Elite members can upload HD video with double the current length. Tidy.

The link was mainly to confirm the price of what its going to be.

SO in comparison to what has already been said:
MW3 Standard edition - £45
Elite - £35
Total of separate items together -£80

MW3 Hardened edition -£90
(Although I know people have found them cheaper, this is what the price was supposed to be and some are still charging it)

If it was to remain at the £90 it would have been cheaper by buying the two things separate. I for one am still on the fence about whether I want to buy elite. I can only see 2 map packs coming out, maybe 3, as the majority will have bought elite so "not as many as usual" will be buying the extra maps as they have already paid for them!

Caporegime
I'd imagine 4 map packs for MW3 plus then any other camo DLC they want to release.

I will probably try all of them and then stick with either support or assault.

One thing I want to know is if you choose double XP from the prestige shop if it stays with you just for that prestige. I also want to know prices of the items in the prestige shop.

Soldato
The link was mainly to confirm the price of what its going to be.

SO in comparison to what has already been said:
MW3 Standard edition - £45
Elite - £35
Total of separate items together -£80

MW3 Hardened edition -£90
(Although I know people have found them cheaper, this is what the price was supposed to be and some are still charging it)

If it was to remain at the £90 it would have been cheaper by buying the two things separate. I for one am still on the fence about whether I want to buy elite. I can only see 2 map packs coming out, maybe 3, as the majority will have bought elite so "not as many as usual" will be buying the extra maps as they have already paid for them!

Yes but Hardened Edition isn't just Game + Elite sub, it also includes the usual useless extras that Hardened Editions have previously come with:
- Premium, collectible Steelbook case
- Exclusive Special Ops juggernaut Xbox Live outfit
- Limited edition, collectible field journal chronicling the entire saga with 100+ pages of authentic military sketches, diagrams and written entries

IIRC the MW2 hardened edition was £30 more than the basic edition and people still bought that (!) so now, with MW3, you get:

Game [£40]
Elite [£35]
Usual Useless Extras [£30 based on MW2 HE]

= £105 worth of stuff for £80 (or £90).

If you consider the Usual Extras to have the same value as MW2 then you're effectively paying £10 (or £20) for the Elite sub (less than if bought separately).
I'm not saying that price is attractive based on how much cheaper the US version is but US versions are usually cheaper anyway!

Last edited:
Soldato
This game does sound and look pretty sweet. Modern Warefare 2.5 if you like, and I don't have a problem with that. MW2 was good despite the lack of support, Noobtubes, Commando, Last stand etc.

There is one thing that's bothering me though. They say no Last stand, yet it's back as a deathstreak... Who's idea was it to bring them back?! They in no way, shape or form benefit anybody. They just end up ****ing people off more than anything. If they get rid of them I'm sure it'd be a good game.

Does anybody know how the Support package killstreaks are going to work? I've heard once you die it doesn't reset your killstreak?! Surely they meant to say pointstreak, otherwise you'd have a constant UAV every game.

Soldato
I can live with death streaks as long as painkiller is gone (which it is thankfully), atleast half of my deaths over the past 2 days have been to painkiller all because they sponge the **** out of my ACR, put their cape on and stab me across the map. People can't stop dying? I know give them double health! Amazing idea :rolleyes:

I honestly can't see myself playing MW3 anywhere near as much as MW2 just because I've had enough bull**** deaths over the past 2 years to last me a life time, so if I get panic stabbed or quickscoped one too many times then it's getting sold.

Soldato
painkiller worked if your team was getting spawn raped,at least it gave you a chance to move away,but it was terrible when you get a guy with painkiller spawning behind you or right next to you.I am glad they have took commando out and last stand,but i have no idea why they think quick scoping is not as bad as those two.They say they have listened to the cod community ,if they have then quick scoping wouldn't be in

Soldato
painkiller worked if your team was getting spawn raped,at least it gave you a chance to move away,but it was terrible when you get a guy with painkiller spawning behind you or right next to you.I am glad they have took commando out and last stand,but i have no idea why they think quick scoping is not as bad as those two.They say they have listened to the cod community ,if they have then quick scoping wouldn't be in

But then again by listening to the community it IS back in

Soldato
But have you seen the new deathstreaks? They sound just as bad.

Deathstreaks:

4 deaths - Juiced (Lightweight)
4 deaths - Martyrdom
4 deaths - Final Stand
5 deaths - Revenge (person that killed you shows up on radar)
5 deaths - Stopping Power (until your next kill)
6 deaths - Dead Mans Hand (you have c4 to suicde bomb with)

Back
Top Bottom