BenQ G2420HDBL (LED Backlit) or BenQ G2420HD

Soldato
*SSSIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGHHHHH*

So i got the replacement monitor, but it's the G2420HD not HDBL (LED)... However, the picture is MUCH better. So i may just not tell them about it and carry one as i am.

Permabanned
*SSSIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGHHHHH*

So i got the replacement monitor, but it's the G2420HD not HDBL (LED)... However, the picture is MUCH better. So i may just not tell them about it and carry one as i am.

Hmm I'm going to get 3 of these monitors for eyefinity.... But I dnt know which one to get.... How is the non LED version....

Tell me more about both plz... ^_^

Soldato
Well the Non-LED version is actually really good. The backlight is even across the screen apart from the tiniest bit of bleed at the top when the brightness is high.
The colours are great and the image is really sharp. Overall i'm extremely impressed, espeically for the price.

The LED version however, the backlight was all over the shop and patchy. The strange warmness of the top left corner was the most annoying part. But you do get very dark blacks.
Can't really go on the LED version i had because i ended up sending it back as faulty, as it cleary was. So because of that i'll have to say the G2420HD was the better of the two.

Associate
Anyone else finding ghosting on light backgrounds? Any ideas on how to get rid or improve the ghosting in anyway?

My background is good enough. Test my configuration:

75 brightness
55 contrast
5 sharpness

Mode: Standar
Sharpness: 5.
Brightness: 75.
Contrast: 55.

Red: 98
Green: 97
Blue: 99

_-

nVidia control panel:
Digital Vibrance 60%
brightness 47%
GAMMA 0,88

Last edited:
Soldato
My background is good enough. Test my configuration:

75 brightness
55 contrast
5 sharpness

Brightness: 75.

Blue: 99

_-

nVidia control panel:
Digital Vibrance 60%
brightness 47%
GAMMA 0,88

Waaaayy too sharp and bright on those settings. If anything it makes it worse.

I'm really tempted to go back to my 26" iiyama 1920x1200 and keep this 24" BenQ as my LAN monitor because it weighs next to nothing.

Associate
Confirm Size G2420HDBL

Hi Folks, First post be gentle :)

Looking to purchase two of G2420HDBL. I plan to mount them on the wall under some kitchen cabinets (have a 22" mounted already) so space is restrictive.

The BenQ website does show a size: With Wall Mount: 348.42 x 570 x 63.26 mm

Could someone be as kind just to conform that H 348.42 x W 570 with a tape measure that that size quoted is the edge of the bezel rather than the screen size. I'm guessing it is but as space is tight I really need to make sure.

Thanks in advance.
Richard

Soldato
Hi Folks, First post be gentle :)

Looking to purchase two of G2420HDBL. I plan to mount them on the wall under some kitchen cabinets (have a 22" mounted already) so space is restrictive.

The BenQ website does show a size: With Wall Mount: 348.42 x 570 x 63.26 mm

Could someone be as kind just to conform that H 348.42 x W 570 with a tape measure that that size quoted is the edge of the bezel rather than the screen size. I'm guessing it is but as space is tight I really need to make sure.

Thanks in advance.
Richard

The dimensions should be correct as i was interested also before purchasing for my desk mounts. However, I will confirm this for you when i get home this evening. Watch this space.

Associate
Hi all!

After a lot of tested settings, i found an AMAZING configuration that gives me amazing deep colours.

Here it goes:

For 24/7 use:

Brightness: 80.

Blue: 100

_-

nVidia control panel:
Digital Vibrance 77%
GAMMA 0,62

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaming mode
: Just pick the profile "photo", and then, set

Brightness: 100
Contrast: 71.

Test it and give me feedback :eek:

Associate
Blimey, thought this would be discontinued by now. Glad to see such a busy thread. Been enjoying my BenQ 2420HDBL for well over a year now with no problems, I don't think there is even 1 dead pixel either. Haven't calibrated it yet, but I'm colourblind so whatever. :p

Back
Top Bottom