Crysis1 coming to consoles Oct 2011!!

Soldato
Console players want something that resembles CoD, Crysis 1 doesn't come close.

I play plenty of shooters on the console (as well as the PC..) and would prefer a Crysiseque title over CoD, and I'm sure plenty of my friends that play exclusively on consoles would feel the same.

Yay for ridiculous stereotyping by PC elitists that tells console players what they want.. :rolleyes:

Soldato
PC Elitist k3wlios ahoy. Such a daft thread completely. Crysis 1 is utterly dated and was dull as hell anyway. The game will run just fine on the consoles as the texture quality will be nowhere near as OTT as when the game was first released on the PC.

At the end of the day it means more funds for them to push out the next CryEngine. Don't forget folks visuals > all.

Associate
No issue with it. For all its faults Crytech have done a lot for the PC industry and haven't really had mucb back in return (Crysis 1 got pirated to death and the sequel didn't sell). Can't really blame them for giving the consoles a bit of love.

Besides both are good (if rather different) games and I actually found the Crysis 2 suite modes considerably more fluid than Crysis 1.

That's one of the main reasons why Crytek went to console as the first one was heavily pirated and so was Warhead. That's the problem with releasing games on PC only one way or another its going to be pirated and millions will download it illegally so I hardly blame them or any developer going console.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/06/29/crysis_2_dx11_tessellation_highres_texture_pack

I don't know whats so fail about Crysis 2 DX11 pack. Four hours to install? Then they must really suck at what they do as I installed all patches and the DX11 pack without an issue and the process was done in ten minutes.

There is notable differences which can easily be seen by simply looking at the game as for one every object as been bumped mapped so essentially there are no "flat" objects instead every object has depth.

Trouble I had with Crysis 2 was it wasn't a sequel and after waiting so long after completing the first you can imagine allot of Crysis fans feeling swore and point the blame finger towards consoles yet ironically they pirated the game.

Soldato
Not sure why people so are bothered, it'll be a scaled down version of the real thing its a PC port to the consoles years after its release on PC

I would be pretty surprised if its as open as the PC version, I'm not sure how they can manage that with the console hardware

Associate
Not sure why people so are bothered, it'll be a scaled down version of the real thing its a PC port to the consoles years after its release on PC

I would be pretty surprised if its as open as the PC version, I'm not sure how they can manage that with the console hardware

Well looking at the trailer, it looks improved in some places and downgrade in others. For instances its obviously not going to be as "sandbox" as it was on PC and explosions and lighting look much better. I wonder if its been converted on CryEngine 3?

Soldato
I can't stand FPS'ers on consoles, I remember trying to play Halo on the XBox, I just ran around shooting the floor lol. I grew up as a WASD gamer and I'll die a WASD gamer.

Same here, ran around shooting the floor or the sky, no fine control over your aiming point.

But i can play Portal 1 on the xbox with a problem. odd.

Caporegime
Gonna be interesting see more screen Comparisons like the one above. Crytek for ages said that the main reason they couldn't bring it to Consoles was lack of memory in general. Now it looks like they've stripped a large chunk of the Foliage out of the game to make it fit into the Memory Footprint of a 360 or ps3.

Id also imagine that some of the larger Levels will be Broken into Chunks so more loading going on while playing.

Soldato
Damn and here I am still unable to get crysis to play in fullscreen without it forcing its self to 24hz, seems their efforts lie else where.

Back
Top Bottom