Economic cars

Man of Honour
Look guys, i am not after a fast hatch or similar! Just a decent car that is awesome on MPG and very low tax would be good. My car tax at the mo is £30 a year :D

I'm not bothered what you are after as you are one of those 'IT REALLY MATTERS HOW MUCH MY CAR COSTS TO TAX!121333' types who obsesses about whether road is free of £30 but doesn't seem to care about depreciation. If you want cheap motoring the cheapest thing to do is not spend a 5 figure sum on a car. Cheap motoring is paying 200 quid a year to tax a £1k car.

I am, however, much more interested in claims of the Toyota Prius having 'excellent' acceleration, hence the discussion of performance.

Soldato
Then get yourself onto dealer websites and check, No one here is all that bothered about eco cars. I doubt many have done the research you need for the answer you want.

Prius excellent acceleration? lolz?

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;20053708 said:
I am, however, much more interested in claims of the Toyota Prius having 'excellent' acceleration, hence the discussion of performance.

It does, compared to a VW Fox or something, 134bhp is not to be sniffed at! :p

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;20053708 said:
I'm not bothered what you are after as you are one of those 'IT REALLY MATTERS HOW MUCH MY CAR COSTS TO TAX!121333' types who obsesses about whether road is free of £30 but doesn't seem to care about depreciation. If you want cheap motoring the cheapest thing to do is not spend a 5 figure sum on a car. Cheap motoring is paying 200 quid a year to tax a £1k car.

I wouldnt be buying a new car. It would be 2nd hand anyway. Got a Renault Megane 06 plate at the mo. £30 car tax a year for a 1.5 diesel turbo. It is like a whippet on heat if i put my foot down but that doesnt bother me much these days.

Soldato
A whippet on heat?

Untitled-1-5.jpg

Associate
Quotes from people who have no idea?? Let me guess you read it somewhere?

It's listed 0-60 of 9.8 seconds is comparable the cars most of you drive for e.g. to some versions of BMW 3 series, golf etc. Faster than your average Mondeo for example, quotes for auto are even slower

~10 seconds to 60 is far from "excellent" acceleration. It's not even "good" acceleration.

Soldato
You currently have a practical and economical runabout which is cheap on tax and insurance... Unless your current car breaks every 5 minutes then you aren't going to save any money by changing.

Back
Top Bottom