Windows 7 (64bit) Service Pack 1 problem

Associate
My system is based on a MSI P67A-GD65 motherboard which works fine with Windows 7 (64bit) however if I install Service Pack 1 it stops the network from working.
If I manually disable and then enable the network it then works. the problem is I have to do this each time I start the machine.
I have the latest drivers installed.
Has anyone else with this motherboard had difficulties with Service Pack 1?

Tom :confused:

Soldato
find out who made the lan port and go directly to them for drivers. it's very unlikely to be MSI themselves. in my experience, mobo manufacturers rarely host the latest drivers on their sites.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys,
I did try installing the latest Realtek driver after installing SP1.
Ill try it the other way round installing the lan driver first, then SP1, see if that sorts it out.
Ive upgraded to Cinema4D R13 and just wanted Windows up-to-date before installing it.
Oh the joys of Windows, to be honest its the first driver conflict Ive come accross.
Tom :)

Associate
OP
Installing the latest network driver first, then SP1, worked.
I should have thought to update the hardware first after all the years Ive been working with computers, however I guess some of us get caught out now and again.
Tom :)

Soldato
SP1 doesn't work at all on a laptop of mine, just hangs....never sorted it out, so given up! However, on pretty much everything else it's been fine...

Back
Top Bottom