The all things Anime related thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well, I decided on Bakemonogatari and Hidan no **** as my next projects; Hidan's short as mentioned so if I dont like it too much it won't take too long and then I'll go onto something else.

Im off for 5 days over the weekend, so perhaps I'll start FMA:Brotherhood? Not sure.

Soldato
Well, I decided on Bakemonogatari and Hidan no **** as my next projects; Hidan's short as mentioned so if I dont like it too much it won't take too long and then I'll go onto something else.

Im off for 5 days over the weekend, so perhaps I'll start FMA:Brotherhood? Not sure.

The only thing I'd say about doing that with FMA:B is that I'm finding it difficult to marathon more than 8 episodes at a time of it ... I just find it a bit tiring to watch ... not something I get with other series ...

Soldato
Dennou Coil, Kaiba, Steins;Gate, Eve no Jikan are all excellent sci-fi.

Of those I found Eve no Jikan (Time of Eve) particularly good. Another good fun sci-fi series which has come out since 2006 is Sora Kake Girl (The Girl Who Leapt Through Space) ... Bandai currently have 3/4 parts out of it on R1 release with part four due Dec/Jan.

edit: Other possibilities include Kiddy Girl-and (a kinda sequel to KiddyGrade with new characters), Gundam 00, A Certain Scientifc Railgun (spin off from A Certain Magical Index) and Birdy the Might Decode (recently released in the UK by Manga UK).

Last edited:
Soldato
Finished a couple of books earlier ... the four volume of the Bunny (Usagi) Drop manga which takes the manga series up to the end of the recently aired anime series. Very good and done in a nice simple style. Along with that finished the third Book Girl light novel ... fortunately the anime movie was nowhere near as depressing as these books ...

Also started re-watching Ai Yori Aoshi ...

Associate
Lain is one of my favourite anime series of all time. But it's definitely not something that everyone is going to like and I have a hard time recommending it to people without knowing their tastes.

It also came out a long, long time before 2006 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom