***Official Rugby Union World Cup 2011 Thread (Posible Spoilers Warning) ***

Soldato
All went wrong for Italy in the second half. The replacement fly half missed all his tackles in the first 10 minutes of second half and allowed Ireland to score 2 great tries. Game over. By the time 21 found his composure Italy's heads were down. A real shame.

Soldato
Well played to the Irish, taking top spot in their group has suddenly made this very interesting.

England, France, Ireland, and Wales on one side and NZ, Australia, SA, and Argentina on the other. :D

Gotta be odds-on for a British side in the final, no?

Soldato
I'm Irish, I didn't want to come across as biased :D

;)

Well played to the Irish, taking top spot in their group has suddenly made this very interesting.

England, France, Ireland, and Wales on one side and NZ, Australia, SA, and Argentina on the other. :D

Gotta be odds-on for a British side in the final, no?

Why odds on for British?

England & Wales - British

France & Ireland, well, you know.. :)

Soldato
Things are getting bad for the All Blacks. Carter is out with groin injury and Jonah Lomu's lone kidney is failing. Their chokometer must be rising.

Weepu certainly steps up to the plate when it comes to kicking but it's hard to replace one of the best (if not the best) fly-half in the game currently. He's a game maker for sure but I don't personally think that NZ is looking in a really bad way. Zac Guildford is on fire at the moment and apart from some shocker ball handling errors Colin Slade certainly wasn't looking out of place. We also have Vito, Dagg, SB Williams and Muliaina looking to be in excellent form.

Our lineouts are in good shape, our scrums are massive and we seem entirely capable of keeping up a fantastic pace for the full 80 mins. We will certainly miss Carter but as long as we keep the likes of McCaw, Muliaina, Mealamu and Hore at the core of our team, I don't think that the 'chokeometer has twitched too badly...

Personally I'd be more concerned with the English team insisting on putting your 'golden boy' Wilky on the pitch constantly when you have a brilliantly capable kicker in Flood sitting on the side constantly. As much as I hate to say it, these games are going to come down to getting those penalties and conversions over as the teams get more cautious and reserved in their creative play as always happens in the semis... assuming you guys beat France of course...

Soldato
Fair play to Ireland they played well. Fortunately the mental fitness as well as physical prowess of Wales paid dividends today as we did not falter even under the immense pressure of the Ireland attack. Well done boys, Bring on England in the Semi's ;)

Back
Top Bottom