***The iOS 5 Thread***

Soldato
Hmm, only just noticed that when I go onto my contacts page it's showing as being empty, however when I recieve calls or texts they show up as the persons name still. Also when I write a message and start typing somones name into the 'to' section my contacts display, so they're in there somewhere.

Hmm, only just noticed that when I go onto my contacts page it's showing as being empty, however when I recieve calls or texts they show up as the persons name still. Also when I write a message and start typing somones name into the 'to' section my contacts display, so they're in there somewhere.

if you go into Settings>iCloud then turn Contacts off, all contacts should appear. if you go back to iCloud settings and turn it on everything should, fingers crossed, be back to normal

Associate
I was getting "iCloud Backup Failed" repeatedly from the phone, but when I enabled it in iTunes instead and synced, the phone now says iCloud is enabled. Still doesn't work or back up from the phone ("There was a problem completing the backup. Please try again later") but it's a step further I suppose.

Soldato
if you go into Settings>iCloud then turn Contacts off, all contacts should appear. if you go back to iCloud settings and turn it on everything should, fingers crossed, be back to normal

You sir are a gentleman, that's worked a treat. Spent a while googling to see if anyone had the same issue but couldn't find anything.

Cheers mate :)

Associate
I was getting "iCloud Backup Failed" repeatedly from the phone, but when I enabled it in iTunes instead and synced, the phone now says iCloud is enabled. Still doesn't work or back up from the phone ("There was a problem completing the backup. Please try again later") but it's a step further I suppose.

Just to clarify, it seems syncing is working- Outlook calendar entries on my PC appear on the phone via Wifi. I still can't back up to iCloud, but that's a minor annoyance, and I guess that'll work once the flood dies down.

Associate
Does iCloud only work with a single AppleID? I have an iPhone with my own ID and my wife does with her own ID, but we only have the one macbook, so how would the photostream work using two ID's?

Associate

how do you enable it in iTunes?

Back
Top Bottom