***The iOS 5 Thread***

Caporegime
It said "I don't know who your wife is, to whom shall I send this message?"

But it didn't remember, I got the same prompt when I tried another text.

/edit - Oh very clever, I just said to Siri "My wife is Mrs. Feek".

"Do you want me to remember that Mrs. Feek is your wife?"

"Yes"

*sorted*

Clever Siri :D

Soldato
:(

I did the upgrade to iOS 5, after making sure to do a full backup to iTunes.

iOS 5 installed, and then restored my backup to the iPhone. Then it rebooted the iPhone and iTunes came up with a "iTunes was interrupted. Do you want to continue restore?" so I did so. Then it came up with "Restore failed, error -34".
Did the restore again but when it rebooted saying it was interrupted I hit cancel. Now it appears to have backed up itself in it's half-restored state overwriting the backup I manually did earlier :(.

Goodbye all the texts and couple of thousand photos I had from my 3G & 3GS & 2nd 3GS & iPhone 4 :(.

Permabanned
:(

I did the upgrade to iOS 5, after making sure to do a full backup to iTunes.

iOS 5 installed, and then restored my backup to the iPhone. Then it rebooted the iPhone and iTunes came up with a "iTunes was interrupted. Do you want to continue restore?" so I did so. Then it came up with "Restore failed, error -34".
Did the restore again but when it rebooted saying it was interrupted I hit cancel. Now it appears to have backed up itself in it's half-restored state overwriting the backup I manually did earlier :(.

Goodbye all the texts and couple of thousand photos I had from my 3G & 3GS & 2nd 3GS & iPhone 4 :(.
Sorry to hear that same happed to me stupid IOS 5:(

Commissario
The restore completed and now it's on the second stage of syncing everything back out. If you can pull the ~/library/application support/mobilesync/backup folder out of your Time Machine backup then you may find it'll restore successfully as mine seems to be doing.

Soldato
Yep airplay mirroring and AirPlay are different things.

Normal airplay is supported by iPhone 4, e.g video, music and specific applications let you show your content wirelessly using AirPlay.

On iPhone 4s and ipad2 you can do the above, plus the added benefit of mirroring so it outputs everything onto your tv over AirPlay, home screen, safari, FaceTime, games.... Everything.

To those asking also, you just need apple tv2 plus said device.

Cheers

Soldato
You sure about that ;)

img0001a.png

Cheers added my apple ID, but not all iMessages are syncing between iPhone 4 and iPad 2 :confused:

Soldato
OP
ih8snow just tweeted that siri isnt specifically designed for the A5 chip
Im guessing this will be available on the JB scene for IP4 soon

apple sauce

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom