Moto GP Crash Horrific :-(

Soldato
It's taken me a few days to come to terms with seeing this. Absolutely horrific accident and we've lost somebody with such potential and enthusiasm for the sport. He was the future and easily the rider I enjoyed watching the most this season. It was fitting that his duel with Bautista was mesmerising before his crash.

Associate
Moto GP will never be the same again :(

I loved watching him race, he was so gutsy with such a great personality, and the fact that he was already upsetting people in the paddock was great,

Its ironic that after all his accidents, this happens to him when he had learnt to pull the reins back a little.

fairwell sideshow Bob :(

Associate
A deeply upsetting accident for all involved, Marco's family and friends, Rossi and Edwards...ill admit i shed more than a few tears on Sunday night when i learnt of this.
Id been considering riding again after my crash but now i just cant even contemplate riding anymore. I know the nature of the beast is the high risk involved in bikes and bike racing but there are times like these that bring it home brutally.
RIP Marco.

Soldato
RIP Marco. :(

I'm not one to usually get upset about things like this, last time was probably when Senna died when i was a kid, but this has genuinely upset me, reading MCN today with the bits about him just made me really sad :(

One of the few reasons i watched Moto Gp was for the way he raced, he was a proper racer, and he will be Missed.

Soldato
I've never been a dedicated MotoGP fan - sure I know Rossi (and I've enjoyed cheering him on in a few races) but I wish I'd seen this guy more.
His death has hit many of you hard - he must have been quite something. I think the nature of his death - the unfortunate circumstances just makes it all the more unbearable.

What a terrible week for motorsport. :(

Soldato
RIP Marco. :(

I'm not one to usually get upset about things like this, last time was probably when Senna died when i was a kid, but this has genuinely upset me, reading MCN today with the bits about him just made me really sad :(

One of the few reasons i watched Moto Gp was for the way he raced, he was a proper racer, and he will be Missed.

Same here.

I'm telling myself that it's stupid of me to get upset, as I couldn't understand it when people would cry when Diana died. I have never met the bloke, had no connection to him except watching him race. But I was looking at pics of him the other night and I shed a few tears. :(

Associate
Guys have any of you got any links to good videos of Marco racing? Ive been out of biking for a while and only got back on two wheels and ive not been watching any races.

Everyone mentions how exciting he was to watch, would love to see some of it.

Cheers

Soldato
Man I get emotional watching that video... I loved his drive to never give up, if there was someone in front he would make that overtake even if it meant loosing it again next corner, there was always something interesting going on if Marco was racing...

Soldato
I watched all the races on Sunday. Was looking forward to the MotoGP, first two laps did not disappoint. Then there was the crash. I was watching with my OH who doesn't watch the racing often with me, I said to her that the outcome will not be good. The coverage was sporadic, hearing back in the pits that Sic was conscious, I thought 'Wow, how? I bloody hope so!' Alas, from what we have heard since, his death will have been quick and painless, and we can only hope that he's lapping the great circuit in the sky.

Getting on my bike on Monday morning was sobering. I know motorcycles are dangerous, Sunday re-confirmed that. I've had my near misses in the past. Time to give up? I spoke to my Mrs about it, she said the most sensible thing I think I've ever heard from her, that Simoncelli died doing something he loved and who can honestly say that is a bad way to go.

Ciao Marco.

Back
Top Bottom