*** OcUk 2011 Distributed Computing Competition ***

Man of Honour
:eek::eek:Mr BaBa being the gent he is does not want to pass Mr Biffa while he is doing a good deed (1 weeks supercrunching) so he has offered the 3rd prize winner, none other than Mr eggcup the same 1 weeks supercrunching on the project of his choice.

Indeed, my arrangement with the prize winner starts on Monday 00:01 so he gets a full weeks stats.

Knowing what I just sent Mr Baba and what its going to be used for, I doubt I stand much chance long term anyway :eek:

All for the good of the team. And spirited we indeed are! :D

Associate
No not Gemini her name is Andromeda or it will be when i get the parts in the post:D

What Biffa doesnt know is she has a little sister:)

Dont want to disapoint Eggcup but didnt the third place go to martynbez?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
And what would the tiredness cause. :D

and mistakes .... :(

No not Gemini her name is Andromeda or it will be when i get the parts in the post:D

Your absolutely right of course my mistake and i better prepare an apology on a large scale to mr eggcup and give mr martynbez the good news ..... now i really will go get some sleep before i do owt else in error :(

Man of Honour

What's this little sister?

and ive been working on a new case, need to male of slightly deeper to take a 480 Rad in the bottom but this is the CAD work so far. HPTX tray bit needs the extra mounting holes, a mini itch board for scale as that's all I could find a model of for solidworks

hptxcase2.png

Man of Honour
the framework will now be mild steel rather than aluminium and possibly acrylic for the out panels as aluminum was going to work out far too expensive. the height is very easily scaleable to produce cases to accommodate anything from as small as mitx to hptx or larger. currently at that size so it fits on my desk.

I'll start a project log when I start producing the real thing. my matx build will look lost however I'm never likely to need to replace it.

Associate
I like the look of that:)

What's this little sister?

2P not 4P with 12 not 8 cores each, file servers need to be powerful things you know errr well thats what i think:D

I will be moving away from gpu crunching over the next 6 months or so the elect bills are not good:eek:

Man of Honour

2P not 4P with 12 not 8 cores each, file servers need to be powerful things you know errr well thats what i think:D

I will be moving away from gpu crunching over the next 6 months or so the elect bills are not good:eek:

Still a work in progress and all. Hoping to get a little sponsorship from various companies when I start the build as my WC gear will look A) unspectacular in there and B) Its going to need way too many fans and something quiet like Scythe GTs will near on £200+

Biffa really has shown that CPU crunching on 2/4P machine is the way foward. A tiny power draw in comparison but with massive PPD.

Man of Honour
Sorry to be pulling things a little off topic but heres another shot.

Revised lower compartment and all black bar the mobo tray which is still aluminium in this render.

If I'm happy with the finished article I'd be more than happy to help a fellow cruncher build they're own as its all been done with simplicity in mind.

hptxcase3.png

Associate

Would love to know your guestimate for the power draw for this setp?, CPU's only no GPU's & dependent on mobo etc..

N.B. going a bit off topic, should we start a new thread just to track this georgous build? I for one say yes, yes, yes.(sorry, got a little over excited there..)

Last edited:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Wohoo received my prize. Shame hard disk costs have suddenly gone through the roof. Might be a while before I find something to go inside it.

Associate
Most of the prizes from myself have been sent out today:)

Still waiting to hear from Reaver and Edgedemon.

Also need martynbez folding details to setup at my end.

Back
Top Bottom