*****Official Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread*****

Associate
I know this has been kind of answered already, but i've read elsewhere there's no more early access keys if you pre-order now. Is that true?
I wouldn't mind early access but I don't want to buy from a vendor that charges over £35 which most of them do, Zavvi is cheapest at £32 but i've read complaints they 'ran out' of early access keys despite the promise of giving them on pre-order.

Associate
I know this has been kind of answered already, but i've read elsewhere there's no more early access keys if you pre-order now. Is that true?
I wouldn't mind early access but I don't want to buy from a vendor that charges over £35 which most of them do, Zavvi is cheapest at £32 but i've read complaints they 'ran out' of early access keys despite the promise of giving them on pre-order.

Will people who pre-order physical copies of the Game still qualify for Early Game Access before the Game’s launch?

Yes. Early Game Access is available to everyone who pre-orders Star Wars: The Old Republic and redeems their Pre-Order Code prior to the commercial release of the Game.

I think someone is pulling your leg, I would assume retailers have a equal number of pre order codes as physical copies they have to sell.

And if that isn't the case you could always pay the £45 on origin if the extra 48 hours of waiting for mob respawns is that important to you ;)

Last edited:
Associate
Only by a couple of days? can't say i'm bothered about that, assumed it'd be earlier but then again I know nothing about when it's speculated to start. Where did you hear that anyway?

Permabanned

Highly doubt this is the case yet, you may not be in from day one of early access but still pretty sure you will get in.

This is if they do go down the staggered early access route, if not everyone with a pre-order will get in same day.

So buy it now if you want, then least you will/should get into early access.
Only by a couple of days? can't say i'm bothered about that, assumed it'd be earlier but then again I know nothing about when it's speculated to start. Where did you hear that anyway?

Most game were only 3 days early access anyway so don't expect it to be like 10 days +

Soldato
Didn't they say it would be longer then a few days but not weeks...

With a Tueday release - would aniticipate the Wed-Fri the week before for early access to commence (staggered i would think depending on when you logged your pre-order code)

Associate
im just wondering.... do ppl who have had a pre-order code entered and then canceled their order still show as beig entered into the early access or do they get removed with order cancelation?

If they were live recording who still has an eligible order this could mean that all those (like me) who fear with xmas deliveries that their physical copies might not be received upon official release date. This could mean that potentialy we could have our early release accounts just morph into our 30 days free play upon launch.

I know this is a helluva task to work out correctly but it could be a possible avenue they could go down.

Although one thing i will say about all my pre-orders of previous WOW expansions is that they did ship to me 2-3 days before official launch date but this could be a no-no with santa's busy period

Soldato
the pre-order code is simply that; allows early access - the cdkey will be in the physical box - so there will prob be a grace period to let you enter that what with Christmas delivery. So I don't think it would morph into the 30day period on that basis.

Associate
im just wondering.... do ppl who have had a pre-order code entered and then canceled their order still show as beig entered into the early access or do they get removed with order cancelation?

When i preordered Aion my payment never went through but still managed to use the early access code to play the game early.

I also had a problem with a already claimed early access key for another mmo and the retailer sent me about 3 or 4 different codes until i had one that worked, i got the impression they just had a list of codes and they're in no way linked with the order or copies of the games.

Soldato
The early access codes are in some way linked to the copy of the game as it recognizes what type of code it is (standard edition, DD or CE). Although that has no impact at all as what items you get access to all depends on the retail CD key, not the early access key. If you cancel your pre-order you still get the early access though, it won't detect that you have stopped your pre-order.

Permabanned
Early access keys are not tied to the the actual game, so you could in theory buy the game, get the early access key cancel the game, and you would still get into early access.

Lots of other games the 2 keys are linked, for what ever reason (poor planning me thinks) its not in this game.

Easy way to prove this is see how many people bought one copy, then decided to upgrade/downgrade, which they can, what they cant do is change the key they entered for early access once its in its tied to your account and non changeable.

Permabanned
Didn't they say it would be longer then a few days but not weeks...

With a Tueday release - would aniticipate the Wed-Fri the week before for early access to commence (staggered i would think depending on when you logged your pre-order code)

I get the feeling we could see it start from either 5 or 7 days, more because they scared about problems so want a longer time if there are any, than wanting to be generous and give the players more time in.

Conan was 5 iir, thought I'd find the one exception!

But yea most are 3 days :D

Was it 5? I was in it thought it was 3 but then at my age MY memory is not always reliable :p

Associate
Hi all,
I'm really looking forward to this game. I started playing wow soon after release and at one point was addicted but the last couple of years have just been playing it on and off, couldn't put up with the grind and attitude of the players I met.

I want to join one of the OCUK guilds but at this time just can't decide on which faction.....

Soldato
Hi all,
I'm really looking forward to this game. I started playing wow soon after release and at one point was addicted but the last couple of years have just been playing it on and off, couldn't put up with the grind and attitude of the players I met.

I want to join one of the OCUK guilds but at this time just can't decide on which faction.....

There is plenty to choose from and enough time, so take your time and choose what you will enjoy.

Don't play on a server or with a guild you wont enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom