Hard Drive Pricing going up at an alarming rate!!!!

Associate
Ugh, 320GB Samsung just went up from £60 to £68. It's not as bad as I was expecting it to go up by, but I'm going to need to order my rig this week if I don't want to go over budget on a HDD of all things.

Soldato
Infact, I'd put money on this being the case.

WD external HDD's don't mount a sata/ide connector mobo to the drive as the USB mobo is hard-wired directly to the hard drive. I've taken a few apart that had dodgy Micro-USB connectors and found that you can't replace the USB mobo if it breaks so the drive is dead (unless you can remove the platters!)

Associate
Ugh, 320GB Samsung just went up from £60 to £68. It's not as bad as I was expecting it to go up by, but I'm going to need to order my rig this week if I don't want to go over budget on a HDD of all things.

Think I'd be tempted to get a solid state and wait for the prices to come down

Associate
This is crazy, I'm buying my Grandkids media players for xmas, I thought I may have left it too long, but managed to find 2 Iomega Select 1.5TB 3.5 inch USB 2.0 Desktop Hard Drive for £121 inc. These have samsung drives inside.

I believe there's no way on earth the price increase should be this steep. I talked with the person I bought these off, and he said, he was being silly and selling them at the old price, he will increase the price when he orders next... Now thats a good seller!

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Ohhhh just seen this topic, knew nothing about it...

Been meaning to get a new HD for a few months now, but never quite ran out of space so was not 'needed'.

Now ive got some money, was looking to get a new 2TB, but not looking to pay more then £50 for it as thats what they used to be...guess wont be buying one for a few months yet :(

Soldato
Months, hopeful.
Years, probable.

I bet profit margins are soaring at the moment for wholesale vendors clearing previously purchased stock.

Associate
This is crazy, I'm buying my Grandkids media players for xmas, I thought I may have left it too long, but managed to find 2 Iomega Select 1.5TB 3.5 inch USB 2.0 Desktop Hard Drive for £121 inc. These have samsung drives inside.

I believe there's no way on earth the price increase should be this steep. I talked with the person I bought these off, and he said, he was being silly and selling them at the old price, he will increase the price when he orders next... Now thats a good seller!

That's still pretty steep, a certain highstreet store which makes you buy from a catalogue has 2tb external drives for £80 plus if you reserve on line you get a 4gb flash drive with it

Associate
That's still pretty steep, a certain highstreet store which makes you buy from a catalogue has 2tb external drives for £80 plus if you reserve on line you get a 4gb flash drive with it

£121 is for two external drives, that about £60 each including post.

I didn't fancy paying £160 for the two tbs

Back
Top Bottom