Red Orchestra (2) : Heroes of Stalingrad

Soldato
What is everyones favourite maps? Mine is Spartanovka. As an out and out rifleman this map rocks with minimal use for spray weapons, and its simple to understand linear progression of territory objectives makes for slightly better public teamwork-ish. Least favourite of mine is Appartments, for spray bias related reasons mainly. Others in order would be, Grain Elevator, Station, Pavlovs House, Red October Factory, Barracks, Commissars House and Fallen Fighters. I'd put Fallen Fighters above Barracks depending on how many campers there are about.

My top maps are probs

1. Grain Elevator
2. Spartanovka
3. Station
4. Commissars House
5. Pavlovs House

I don't consider Fallen Fighters to even be a map! :D

Permabanned

Can't wait to hunt me some Americans. :D

Is that a free add on, or are they looking to con us out of more cash for this bugfest :D

Either way though, if they get it right it will be a nice change of pace/environment and something i might even cough up for again.. might as well keep feeding their kids

Associate
I would hope that as a gesture of goodwill to those who bought RO2 and kept playing it despite the bugs will get it for free ;):D
Does look good, but from reading on Steam and TWI forums it wont be free :(

Associate
It's a shame, I was really looking forward to this game as I wanted a shooter that was a different pace from battlefield to play for a while. Looking at these forums and reading how buggy it is (even though it's slowly being sorted) can't help but think it's not worth any of my money atm :(

Associate
It's a shame, I was really looking forward to this game as I wanted a shooter that was a different pace from battlefield to play for a while. Looking at these forums and reading how buggy it is (even though it's slowly being sorted) can't help but think it's not worth any of my money atm :(

It really isn't buggy, the stat system was borked for a while but it's useless anyway but it's fixed now. 4.5 2500k, 8gb ram, ati 4890, runs game on all high settings no problem.

Soldato
theres only very minor bugs now, I would even go so far as to say its sorted. My spec runs things pretty well on low settings, minus shadows. Really have to update!

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Another 5gb patch? :o

This game is really eating up my Internet with these up dates:p

So whats new with this one? Please say some more maps?!?

Soldato
Apparently its 220MB! Theres something up with your download!

Patch notes:

The update from last week is ready and going out today with a couple of additions:

-Initial implementation of demorecording to support clan play and server admins
-Fixed a server crash in garbage collection that would sometimes happen when changing maps
-Fixed an animation bug causing gun sights to become misaligned
-Fixed main menu movie corruption (random green squares) when going to/from fullscreen when the startup movies are playing
-Fixed dynamic shadows for fixed MG's not being visible when deployed
-Drastically reduced occurrences of the "double ironsights" issue
-Fixed exploit where players could hide window curtains, etc. by changing their world texture group lod bias
-Fixed bullet decals being completely black in low texture settings
-Fixed black scope textures on Panzer IV
-Fixed interaction icon showing during transitions to a seat inside a tank
-Fixed object and object material popping when you start or stop sprinting
-Added showing the name of the player you are spectating on the hud
-Testing a new fix for the bug where sound would cut out on map change

Notes on Demo Recording:

First pass implementation of demorecording. This should be considered an "Alpha" implementation, as only certain functionality is hooked up. This early implementation has been created to help support clan play and help server admins finding/catching cheaters. Here is what works/doesn't:

What works:
- Basic server side demo recording: you can record a demo on a server which can be played back on a client. This demo essentially records the net traffic for the gameplay that is sent by the server and then plays it back on the clients. So when the demo is played back on a client you essentially get the same views you would have as if you were spectating a match in real time.
- Third and first person player spectating as well as viewpoint and free roam spectating
- An added "Aiming Info" toggle which will show where the spectated player is looking, and where they are aiming (which with free-aim can be two different places)
- Most sounds play
- Added displaying the specated player's name on the hud. Works with demo recording and standard spectating

What doesn't work or isn't implemented
- Rewinding
- Showing the first person weapon
- Some sounds will not playback in the demo (battlechatter)
- Have not tested with vehicles
- Client side recording
- Have not tested what the maximum length of a demo can be
- Older demos may not work properly with newer builds of the game
- Pretty much anything else

How to use it
- On the server through webadmin or through admin console commands use the command "demorec <filename>" to start recording the demo
- When you are done recording the demo through webadmin or through admin console commands use the command "demostop" to stop recording the demo
- In the ROGame\Demos folder you will find your demo files. Copy the demo file(s) to the same location on a client machine
- Start up Red Orchetra 2. At the console type "demoplay <filename>" to view the demo

Soldato
How many here still actively play the game? I must admit I havn't touched it since BF3 as to be honest once I'd got both axis and allies rifles to level 50 I seemed to get less enjoyment trying to level up the smg's etc, and the maps were becoming a bit samey too. There is a good game in there still but it lacks in variety I feel at the moment. Though if it starts to download a multi gig patch I will probably tell steam not to bother until they release the pacific theatre addon or some other expansion.

Back
Top Bottom