********** The all new "Official" iPhone 4S thread - Keep all the iPhone 4S stuff in here **********

Soldato
Currently on a new 4s with 5.0.1. Time zone disabled and ping and itunes restricted. Wifi enabled. 3 Emails via push.

60% Battery
Usage - 3hrs, 16mins
Standby - 22hrs, 55 Minutes

Soldato

73%, 1 hour 30 minutes used.
11 hours 15 minutes standby.

Bluetooth on.

EDIT: Usage: 6 hours, 17 minutes
Standby, 1 Day, 4 hours.

5.0.1 really seems to have helped. On 3% battery.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure how you guys are getting such poor battery life. I've had mine mainly on 3G prior to my last full charge yesterday and I got 3 days 15 hours with over 5h usage. Made phone calls, checked email, browsed the web etc. Used it normally I'd say.

Associate
Got my iPhone 4S three days ago. Still on IOS 5.0 but very impressed with the battery life, has been consistent like this for the past 3 days :).

24qmfl2.png

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Got my iPhone 4S three days ago. Still on IOS 5.0 but very impressed with the battery life, has been consistent like this for the past 3 days :).

Unless you really, really used it for 7 hours with screen on, this is very average. Not as bad as some of us getting 12 hours of standby with all features enabled, but average. Anything less than 2-3 days standby with 6+ hours of background usage (mail, reminders etc), most of the day screen off, shouldn't impress any owner. Guys, your phones should be surviving 3-5 days in wifi mode as well if it wasn't for the the battery draining bug.

4sgoodgood.jpg

Last edited:

TS7

TS7

Soldato
White or Black? So confused and uncertain. I just know I could select either one and then I'll instantly regret not going for the other colour! :p Leaning on getting a white one as I currently have a black 3GS so it'll be a bit different.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
I have a question:

If I move from 3GS to 4S, I would want to set the 4S up as a completely new phone - set up a new account, set up iCloud etc HOWEVER I would want to restore my contacts from my 3GS back up. Would this be possible?

(I don't have cloud set up with my 3GS, the contacts are just 'backed up' with iTunes).

Permabanned
I have a question:

If I move from 3GS to 4S, I would want to set the 4S up as a completely new phone - set up a new account, set up iCloud etc HOWEVER I would want to restore my contacts from my 3GS back up. Would this be possible?

(I don't have cloud set up with my 3GS, the contacts are just 'backed up' with iTunes).

No because it is all synched with your account. You could re-sync it up but then remove all traces of the original account.

Best of just backing them up manually.

Man of Honour
White or Black? So confused and uncertain. I just know I could select either one and then I'll instantly regret not going for the other colour! :p Leaning on getting a white one as I currently have a black 3GS so it'll be a bit different.

If you aren't sure, go for black.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
If you aren't sure, go for black.

Went for white :p ... I already have a black 3GS so thought I'd be different and currently everyone I know with an iPhone has a black one.

As I said above, I want configure my iPhone as a completely new phone and set it all up fresh. However I want to transfer all the contacts from my old phone. Can anyone give me a quick step by step as to what to do? I know the contacts are saved somewhere as as I backed the contacts up with iTunes.

Man of Honour
Back all your contacts up to Gmail and do it via that? That's what most people do nowadays I think.

You can back contacts up in iTunes under Device > iPhone > Info > Contacts section

Have a look there. iCloud does it too.

Associate
go into itunes and click on the iphone, go to contacts and synch to outlook or what ever you have, now all it should be a matter of doing is setting up new phone and they synch its contacts with where ever ya stored them, or i could be completely expecting too much user friendliness from itunes :D

*edit* dammit robbo, i shoulda refreshed this page lol

Last edited:

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Back all your contacts up to Gmail and do it via that? That's what most people do nowadays I think.

You can back contacts up in iTunes under Device > iPhone > Info > Contacts section

Have a look there. iCloud does it too.

go into itunes and click on the iphone, go to contacts and synch to outlook or what ever you have, now all it should be a matter of doing is setting up new phone and they sunch its contacts with where ever ya stored them, or i could be completely expecting too much user friendliness from itunes :D

*edit* dammit robbo, i shoulda refreshed this page lol

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom