*** OcUk 2011 Distributed Computing Competition ***

Man of Honour
Will let you know when mine arrives Mr BaBa sah. I think i'll miss the post as I'm at work though and I think my girlfriends sisters are back to school and shes definatly at uni all day so looks like I'll collect it after work.

Soldato
OP
Will let you know when mine arrives Mr BaBa sah. I think i'll miss the post as I'm at work though and I think my girlfriends sisters are back to school and shes definatly at uni all day so looks like I'll collect it after work.

Thanks for keeping me upto date with your case design and build Mr frozennova sah, you really owe it to yourself to start a thread here in dc dedicated to it it looks great allready :)

Man of Honour
Thanks for keeping me upto date with your case design and build Mr frozennova sah, you really owe it to yourself to start a thread here in dc dedicated to it it looks great allready :)

Will do in a little while sah

I got some costs last night.

It came to around £93 for all the aluminium to build one as I've found somewhere dirt cheap that cuts to size etc.

Its the cutting the fan holes, pci slots and generally getting everything in the right place that will be difficult and very time consuming so I'm gunna get all the drawings sorted to have some quotes done on getting the front,rear and top panels laser cut.

Associate
Martynbez has been in contact but still no contact from Reaver or Edge.

Should be dropping my first unit for Martynbez at midday:)

Just seen your e-mail so will switch to smp in the morning to get past the 10:rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Got my card this morning, much appreciated BaBa, I have no where to put it though. I thought it would be the same length as my old 8800GT but its not its longer so doesn't fit in my media rig and I dont have the a PSU or Mobo to run the GTS450 and GTS250 in one rig.

Associate
Cheers Mr B.

Mine arrived yesterday, red card in the letterbox due to work, picked it up this morning.

Luverly :)

Will get it up & folding ASAP...

UPDATE: now up & running.......woohoo!!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Whey I forgot about this, £15 vouchers w00t :)

Trust on its way

Thanks and grats all

A very good monday morning to you sah have replied to your trust message and await your reply have a good day :)

p.s. don't forget to get your number in for the christmas bonus ball draw tis free upon the condition that everyone submits a "festive" photo of some kind before December 25th !

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18337582

Soldato
...and TheTross gratefully received it this morning. Thanks once again kev! :D

Which now begs the following question: can a gtx280 and a gts250 be run side-by-side, and is it even recommended with a 620W PSU? (Bearing in mind the Q9550 is modestly overclocked to 3.4Gz but there's not a lot else in the box, so I assume the answer to be 'yes' but am checking to be on the safe side.)

Soldato
Am running with just the 280 for the moment as I only have one more PCI-E cable available and the 250 requires two :(

It squeals well... but never mind, I'll just turn my music up another notch or two. Now, how much should I push the card? :D

Back
Top Bottom