Budget of £1600, help with build ideas

Soldato
OK one card it is then.

I've been using the configurator (Intel 10200i) on the website and I've come up with this:

Case (may change to a snazzier one):
aa513d028c8d422dac06399.png

CPU:
2f6c518ffcf04c5a8943dd0.png

Cooler:
edee2a35a8b04ebbba0a287.png

Motherboard:
ddf46bc7d9684d1b9d91d70.png

RAM:
09a8854041fa4e2faa4fc89.png

Graphics:
9d2a79e525794ee0b0b22e9.png

HDD:
73113143387d457eb45f9a1.png

Optical:
026ae19fb84c48db8bf398b.png

PSU (850 is out of stock):
bc81675e179c451db207a81.png

Comes in at 1424.69

What do you think?

no, you want a z68 board.

but I'm sure trifles will disagree with me.

would say build it yourself but if your dead set against it you can call up ocuk with your own spec(not the one on their configurator) and they'll build it for you(they'll give you a quote of how much it'll cost)

Permabanned
What's the benefit?

It offers SRT (Smart Response Technology) which allows you to use a small SSD as cache for a larger mechanical hard drive
It allows you to use the integrated GPU, which is clearly irrelevant considering the dedicated GPU
And it has touch BIOS

If youre not going to use any of these features then you will be perfectly fine with P67 to be fair, if it were a custom self build I normally recommend Z68, as first reply shows, but in this instance, if youre wanting to use the configurator then the Sabretooth is one of THE best P67 boards where as the Z68 you illustrated us significantly weaker

Case wise I'd of said the Corsair 650D if it were available, lovely case, as it isnt, you could get the 600T though case is very much a personal choice

Soldato
It allows you to use the integrated GPU, which is clearly irrelevant considering the dedicated GPU
choice

not irrelevant atall. lucid virtu swithces between onboard graphics and the dedicated card depending on what your doing. the performance change is pretty much unnoticeable, and you get a nice power saving when your not gaming, which should help the electric bill :)

Permabanned
not irrelevant atall. lucid virtu swithces between onboard graphics and the dedicated card depending on what your doing. the performance change is pretty much unnoticeable, and you get a nice power saving when your not gaming, which should help the electric bill :)

lol
technically true, but I doubt the electric bill saving is that much to shout about

Soldato
I guess my point about calling ocuk with your own spec list was missed, and I'm not making this up as there are at least 2 threads recent(1 over the past week) where the op has done just that(only thing was they wanted the gelid tranquilo and ocuk suggested altrernative, according to ocuk the gelid would snap off during transit due to its height and weight).

R088ieS86s spec is prob the one to aim for except single card and lower the psu to 850w as 1kw not needed unless you want to go tri sli. with the gpu and psu change made could use the money saved to add a 128gb crucial m4 ssd

as for the z68 onboard vga, what happens if the 580 breaks down? the onboard vga will allow the pc to be used for general use/lower end gaming till the card is replaced.

Associate
OP
I guess my point about calling ocuk with your own spec list was missed, and I'm not making this up as there are at least 2 threads recent(1 over the past week) where the op has done just that(only thing was they wanted the gelid tranquilo and ocuk suggested altrernative, according to ocuk the gelid would snap off during transit due to its height and weight).

No I saw that and I'll end up doing that if the configurator doesn't give me what I need. The main thing is I want this PC to last a good long while so I don't wanna cheap out on stuff if I can help it.

I like the look of the 600T case so I'll switch to that.

There's also this Z68 board on the configurator:
514f802747854e60a2fa4a2.png
but like fowler says I could just call them up and ask for a different board.

Associate
I wouldn't order the overclock, unless you're that worried. It really is straightforward enough to do, especially with the UEFI bios. Save yourself the few quid that'll pay for shipping.

Soldato
If you want to use the configurator then I can't see a problem with it. I wouldn't run 2x 580's on a 750W but it can be done. ( i know you might not even do it)

I thought you already had an SSD? the vertex 3 is fater than the m4. The OC'ing is very easy so you could save some ££ on that. But if you want a straight out of the box system then that will run fine.

Associate
OP
I wouldn't order the overclock, unless you're that worried. It really is straightforward enough to do, especially with the UEFI bios. Save yourself the few quid that'll pay for shipping.

Yeah I didn't mean to order that, I'll take that out.

I wouldn't run 2x 580's on a 750W but it can be done. ( i know you might not even do it)

I thought you already had an SSD? the vertex 3 is fater than the m4. The OC'ing is very easy so you could save some ££ on that. But if you want a straight out of the box system then that will run fine.

Yeah I do but thought I may as well chuck another SSD in and use it for all my games. I'll be sticking with 1 GFX card I should think.

Back
Top Bottom