Battlefield 3 Problems ( something went wrong ) ect.

Associate
Hi there everyone, i recently bought the http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-213-OE&groupid=43&catid=2040&subcat=1892

and paid the extra for a 560 gtx ti 1024mb card to be put in.
I have had the pc for almost a week now, and i have been having some problems playing games like battlefield 3, every 2-3 games mid game, it freezes and closes down, or i have to ctl alt delete to unfreeze the damn thing.
I was wondering if this is normal, since overclockers have built this pc themselves, ive done nothing to it.
Its getting to the point now where im getting extremely annoyed having to reconnect to severs and then losing my space and queueing for 10-15 minutes.

Please can anyone help me? or let me know if this is normal? Since people say that the get disconnected from the EA when they are JOINING a server, i disconnect/crash both while joining, and while in game.

Many thanks
Joe

Associate
Hi there everyone, i recently bought the http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-213-OE&groupid=43&catid=2040&subcat=1892

and paid the extra for a 560 gtx ti 1024mb card to be put in.
I have had the pc for almost a week now, and i have been having some problems playing games like battlefield 3, every 2-3 games mid game, it freezes and closes down, or i have to ctl alt delete to unfreeze the damn thing.
I was wondering if this is normal, since overclockers have built this pc themselves, ive done nothing to it.
Its getting to the point now where im getting extremely annoyed having to reconnect to severs and then losing my space and queueing for 10-15 minutes.

Please can anyone help me? or let me know if this is normal? Since people say that the get disconnected from the EA when they are JOINING a server, i disconnect/crash both while joining, and while in game.

Many thanks
Joe

Have you tryed contact over clockers technical support ?

Associate
I have the same problem while playing BF3. The game would freeze and the sound will loop.
Not the pc, i updated my bios last night and i managed to get really far into the game instead of been stuck on the same map...then it happened again but this time it took much longer so im happier.

Associate
if you got the Asus 560Ti, my friend had the same problem with that graphics card.

He managed to improve the situation dramatically by updating the bios for the graphics card itself.

Associate
The problem is BF3.

DICE can't release a working game. BF3 is not fit for purpose so you may be able to return it depending where you bought it. They will say you can't because it's software, but legally you can because the product is flawed AKA it's a "known manufacture fault".
---
edit: oh you got it from OCUK... hmmm, won't happen unless EA recognise it as flawed (to reimburse the retailer at their financial loss) which they won't even though the free market should dictate that they don't make that decision. As far as I know the only software that ended up returnable was Black Ops (and on PC that meant a steam account ban because of the EULA violation lol) simply because of the sheer popularity and conception of it being flawed (it wasn't really).
---
Updating your bios, or anything else you may try, may not solve the issue unless by pure chance (it's a software flaw in BF3). Give it a go though.

As far as I am aware, BF3 freezes/crashes/stutters/DCs for most players. It does for me and everybody else I know who tries to play it (about 20-30 people with different hardware setups).

You are going to have to find what model of 560Ti it is because they don't all update the bios in the same way. If you chose the OCUK one it could be any one of a number of different versions so take a look inside your PC to find out which (also there might be a few different versions from one board partner that look the same on the outside). If you call OCUK they might help with identifying exactly which version it is, though it's unlikely that you will encounter problems finding exactly what card it is and I think a lot of them (made by the same board partner) use the same BIOS afterall.

Also, there should be continual patches for BF3 and one of them might eventually fix the problem though it could be months.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom