P8Z68-V CPU overheating

Associate
Hi,

I have put a post in the support forum but just in case anyone has a simple solution. I ordered the Ultima Mosasaur earlier this month I have been very happy with it but I returned from work today today find it would not boot.

Turned it on and it got as far as windows screen and died. Now I can see an CPU overtemperature error in the bios when booting then it dies. When I got into the bios the CPU temp was 87C.

Not sure what is going on as the previous cpu temps from the motherboard software was circa 30c when idles

Fans seem to be working ok on the heatsink.

Regards,

Data

RJC

RJC

Don
What is the make / model of the heat sink being used?

Just need confirmation as looking at the homepage it uses the ocuk Watercooler and wonder if the pump may of failed.

RJC

RJC

Don
Hmm, can't see this separately on their website, but I think is similar to the corsair and Antec water coolers.

The pump which is internal probably may of given up, I assume it is connected ok to the cpu and the pc has not been knocked.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yeah seems fine on that front from what I can see. Thinking on it I think it I cannot recall it being on when I woke up this morning and it was fine when going to bed last night so some point in between it must have shut down or stopped working I guess.

No gaming for me :/

Soldato
Yeah the first h2flo was an unbranded H60, does sound like a dead pump, but did ocuk by chance send a stock cooler with the bundle? Provided it doesn't void any warranty etc... it may be an idea to fit it first and see if you can at least get the system to boot.

Soldato
Just sit tight and explain whats happened to OCUK support (or link them to this thread). I'm sure it will be a case of confirm whats been mentioned and get the part replaced :)

Back
Top Bottom