LAD's Holiday 2012

Man of Honour
You went to Magaluf but it was a festival of sausage and you're considering going back :confused:
I know it's called a lads holiday, but you're not supposed to go looking for more lads ;)

Associate
i went to ibiza and i loved it but make sure you take plenty of money!
there were only two of us but still had a really good time
swedish house mafia were epic!

deffo going to sort something next year and try and get a few together

Associate
Wow, what a lot of old-manning in this thread :p

Me and a few mates are going to Amsterdam in January, will be epic! :):)

Not sure about Epic, but it will be freezing :D..when I lived there It was always funny to see English lads walking around in T-shirts on a night out in zero degree temperatures. Strangely, not behavior which translates on the continent.

seriously though, enjoy that.. there is always somewhere warm to duck into if needed.. they have lights in the doors so you can't miss them.;)

Last edited:
Associate
Ibiza, still decent enough place to go for this type of holiday.

Much prefer it to Zante or Crete etc, and wouldn't want to go to Magaluf!

Never been on an exclusive 'lads' holiday, but several with a sizeable group of mixed friends, and Ibiza was by far best. Good mix of music (we avoided the big name clubs), plenty of beaches (although some purpose built) and a good mix of rowdiness and more quieter places.

The west end is pretty horrendous, but a good laugh for a bar crawl if you're in a group of mates.

Soldato
Best holiday you will ever have is ibiza, end of. Clubbing galore

But make sure Swedish house mafia at pacha and tiesto at privilege are at the top of you lists

Last edited:
Soldato
Lots of the comments in this thread are hilarious :rolleyes: :D

I'm too old for the clubbing lads holiday, but 28 of us went to Krakow earlier this year for a long stag do. Had a fantastic time.

Soldato
****ING LADS YEAH LET'S GET WRECKED YEAH BOIIIISS.

Think it's the manner of the OP that people are picking on, everyone goes on lads' holidays but advertising yourself as a 'lad' etc. is a little bit cringe - particularly on computer hardware forum :)

Personally going to Salou again with uni.

Soldato
Where are you all planning on going next year? Where will be big but not a **** fest?

I had my first LADs holiday last year and went Magaluf. Was abit of a **** fest tho

Either thinking Magaluf again or either Zante, Malia, or Ibiza

Have been on a few, went to magaluf this year in June.

It was SO cheap, literally 14 euros, gave us access to 6 clubs with FREE BARS in all of them but one (the strip club). It was brilliant and we got sloshed with minimal effort.

A place called 'Mulligans' has an upstairs bar, you pay 5 - 10 euros, tends to fluctuate we found for 1.5 - 2 hours drinking UNLIMITED amounts, it was ridiculous the amount we were getting through.

Oh and nothing beats clubbing in a vest and shorts, having no dress code is bloody brilliant.

People persecuting OP, you were all young once you old bags of bones :p Being a 'lad' per say is going to change by definition generation by generation, obviouslly not always for the best, but it's what is, deal with it!

Oh, and girls have 'girly holidays' as their exact equivalent, with them wanting sausage instead of waffle ;)

Last edited:
Associate
A week in Ukraine for European Championships. England away tends to be my only lads holidays these days. Doing Kyiv, Donetsk, Kharkiv and some more places in between. See some sights, drink some beer.

The kind of lads holiday described in the OP holds no appeal for me. We just talk rubbish, drink beer and soak up the culture; not fussed at all about clubbing or filthy harlots.

Soldato
It's not difficult to spot the loners in this thread:p

For me and friends, we did Chamonix, Ibiza, Vegas, Milan, Ayia Napa, depends on what you are into and also when you get a bit older things change but Vegas/Ibiza is always on the annual calendar.

Associate
I went to Magaluf this year, was pretty good. I'd recommend going when Majorca Rocks is on though, we missed it by a week and saw the posters around everywhere. Some class acts were on :(

I don't really see what's wrong with a lad's holiday? Maybe some people just been UTT so much, that they can't go?

Back
Top Bottom