Skoda

Soldato
My advice is get a remap, but not from Jabba. Their map is too spiky, makes for an annoying drive. Although it comes recommended for some reason.

I would agree with this. Seen lots of reports of issues after a Jabba map has been done. Still yet to see any issues (on the mk1 at least) with Revo maps and I'm certainly still a happy customer 2 years after having it done.

Suspension is a tricky one. I've considered changing from the crashy OEM setup but I read mixed reviews everywhere. I thought I liked the idea (if not the price) of Koni FSD's plus lowering springs but again heard mixed opinions. I stayed stock in the end and with the rear ARB it changes direction ok.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Small update but not many decent pics yet.

The wheels were suffering quite severely with corrosion. Last week i suffered two flats (one tyre binned) because the bead was broken due to the corroded/flakey paint. I really wanted some BBS CH replicas but i decided to stick as close to original as possible. They've now been powdercoated in "Course Metallic Silver", basically silver with LOADS of metallic flakes.

Whilst they were being done i gave the beige/cream wheel nut covers a few coats of gloss black. Have also replaced the centre caps as the original alloy ones were corroded.

383369_10150542659792588_695617587_10584646_568620304_n.jpg

376449_10150542683512588_695617587_10584672_545422956_n.jpg

I've also fitted some Blue Vision Front Sidelights (basically blue when off, nice and white when lit). I could have had LED's but they are a bit too close to the headlight bulbs for my liking and i won't be fitting HID's so wanted them to match nicely.

On the subject of LED's i have fitted some white LED's to my rear number plate lights and the interior light, freshens it up a bit and the seats (white centres) looks lovely at night when lit up by them.

I've also had the rear windows tinted in a Dark Smoke colour. A little bit for me but mainly for the kids, i HATE sun blinds and these were done by a friend of a friend for a very good price :)

Thats about all for now. I'll try and get some better pics up :)

Last edited:
Associate
Could you do me a quick favour if you have time & take an overall pic of the car with the black wheelnut covers? Mine are a bit tatty & not sure how black would look :p

How much did you pay for the wheels to be done too?

Cheers.

Soldato
OP
I paid £310 for all 5 wheels to be done. Same day service too. Some might say it was a little pricey but i wanted the job doing right first time, i've had 2 previous sets of wheels done with the same company too.

I did the nut covers myself with some Wilko Gloss Black paint. Cost about £2-£3 a tin and you only need one. No need for primer, just clean them with some soapy water, dry them and give them 3-4 coats each. Its a bit fiddly as where your little removal tool grabs the lip of them needs to be thoroughly coated too as you can see them when fitted to the car, i just popped each one on my finger, spun around as i painted the lip and lower part and then put back on the floor to finish the rest of them off!

Very poor phone pic...

78cc3529.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah thats the process mine went through.

I think Silver (with the metallic flake) looks pretty good. I'd have liked another colour but played around with some photoshops and it just looked a bit out of place.

I'm happy now they are up to scratch, they were terrible before.. really corroded! They look much fresher with the new centre caps and nut covers too.

Soldato
Looking good. You've done the same as me with the lights although I recently swapped my interior bulbs back to standard ones as I found the LEDs a little too bright.

I'm considering what to do with my wheels still. I quite fancy CH reps but don't really want to go to 18's. LM reps are also an option as is a refurb on my current ones. Only thing I have ruled out (I think) is to plastidip them.

Soldato
OP
Plastidip would be good to test on your spare wheel? Thats what i was planning to do but when i got a couple of flat tyres i decided a full refurb was the only way.

Soldato
OP
I thought about buying some and trying the front grill but i think it looks pretty good as it is!

The Octavia doesn't really seem to 'need' or 'lend its self', as someone else commented, to much in the way of exterior changes!

Soldato
Leon Cupra R splitter looks quite good IMO problem is with the front overhang on the Octavia I was catching my one on everything even on stock suspension! Eventually knocked it off by hitting a huge pile of horse **** at 60!

I'm often tempted to try another one but pull the middle up a little tighter to the bumper.

As you can see my one dipped down slightly in the middle which I think caused me more issues. Come to think about it though I think it only dipped like that after I'd caught it in a couple of multi story car parks.

n572251689_3126666_2092092.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks chap :)

lordrobs, glad i'm not the only one suffering that problem. The front bumper is mullered underneath from reversing on to my driveway, luckily nothing that can be seen but it means reversing on to the driveway at a ridiculous angle just to avoid it scraping! Not sure i will be able to choose a new suspension set up for that reason :(

Soldato
Thanks chap :)

lordrobs, glad i'm not the only one suffering that problem. The front bumper is mullered underneath from reversing on to my driveway, luckily nothing that can be seen but it means reversing on to the driveway at a ridiculous angle just to avoid it scraping! Not sure i will be able to choose a new suspension set up for that reason :(

Yeah in that case I would avoid the LCR splitter :D

My bumper is scraped underneath too and if you get down low you can see a little bit of scrapping from the front. I was tempted to get those really small corner splitters that I think Milotec sell. You can barely even see them and I thought they would protect the bumper a bit... then I found out that they were carbon fibre and £60 :eek:

Soldato
OP
Mine catches in the middle more so than the outside edges.

Some really, really horrible stuff on their website. I quite like the rear diffuser though..

16490.jpg

Soldato
Yeah, to say it was a mixed bag would be putting it very politely :p

Some of their stuff for the facelifted Mk2 is quite nice though. I must admit to being tempted by that diffuser in black.

Man of Honour
Had mine since new:

octy2.jpg

octy3.jpg

REVO stage 2 map, Forge TIP, ABD Lan pipe, Full Miltek SS, RS3 ARB, 4 bar FPR, Forge injectors, dogbone mount, Cupra splitter and some other bits and bobs but discrete enough not to be too 'boy-racer'.

Pulled about 240bhp when I had it on the RR which is more than enough for a FWD.

Excellent choice of motor Phil and looks to be in tip-top condition:)

If you want to tighten up the feel of the car get the dogbone mount and RS3 front and rear ARB ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom