Skoda

Soldato
Looks good W3bbo. I'm guessing that is quite a late mk1 to have Xenons? Those RS6 wheels look great on there, another style I was considering and suit the Octy much more than the RS4's that many people go for.

Man of Honour
'04. They weren't ever standard on the VRs, just the WRC version iirc.

Yeah I agree about the RS6 alloys. Suit the car really well and so much easier to clean than spiders!

Soldato
Its good to see the paint by numbers approach to modding cars applies to the entire vag community.

Btw you fitted rs3 arbs to an octavia?

Associate
Thanks chap :)

lordrobs, glad i'm not the only one suffering that problem. The front bumper is mullered underneath from reversing on to my driveway, luckily nothing that can be seen but it means reversing on to the driveway at a ridiculous angle just to avoid it scraping! Not sure i will be able to choose a new suspension set up for that reason :(

Arg same here! The first time I scraped it I almost cried. Then the next time I swore, and now I just groan - looks a right state under there.

I like those alloys Mr. w3bbo.

Soldato
OP
First part replacement to add to the list.. thermostat (i think).

Also bought myself a VCDS cable, going to run the Lite version to start with and see how i get on with it :)

Soldato
First part replacement to add to the list.. thermostat (i think).

Also bought myself a VCDS cable, going to run the Lite version to start with and see how i get on with it :)

VCDS Lite has saved me a fortune! Doesn't seem to want to work on my new laptop so I've swapped to Torque Pro on my phone and a Bluetooth OBDII port thingy.

Both times my CEL came on along with a weird temperature gauge it was the temp sensor which is a nice easy fix.

Soldato
OP
Haven't got the CEL on at the moment.

Car runs fine but it does seem a bit thirstier, after reading up on it that seems to be one of the symptoms of a nackered stat as well. Haven't got a wierd temp gauge as such, just reads much lower than normal (70-80 instead of 90).

Caporegime
My stat is broken at the moment and has been for around two weeks, if mine is anything to go by you won't get a CEL, however your mpg will go down, and if you take the car on the motorway the temp will drop from the normal halfway position to sometimes 1/4, but it quickly goes back up to normal once sat for a few mins.

Soldato
Interesting, sounds like mine may be wanting replacement, as sitting at a high speed for a while sees the temperature hovering below the 90 mark and the fuel economy isn't wonderful atm.

Caporegime
Eurocarparts want £11 for the stat, £1 for the gasket and £25 for 5yr VW / Audi coolant, i may get a new housing which is £9

Access is the issue so i'm leaving mine till after christmas when i do the cambelt, waterpump, fix the boost leak and change the headlights.

Soldato
OP
Ordered a ECP Thermostat (Circoli I think). Briskoda members said stay away from the GSF one (think it was Liverpool-Lad actually!).

Problem for me is ordering genuine parts is a 20mile drive away to collect, having said that, if this one fails prematurely then I won't hesitate to order genuine.

Back
Top Bottom