Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
man karkand wtf...32 players on 8 flag map is silly. Mayeb there is a less flags option? I just played 32 man server with 8 flags...

I dont liek 64 player games as I get killed all the tiem I do better on 32. But no other map has 8 flags lol maybe 5 at most is ok for 32

It seems to become a bit of an obsession for some.

To have the biggest maps possible, with the least players possible. If you only have 32 players you should be using Conquest (ie medium size) which has only 5 flags - same as the console.

Soldato
Yep and so glad i made the change. Played all four maps and there was no one with huge k/d ratios, three assault rifle bullets in the stomach and troops were going down instead of the 8 required before. Loving it. Also no over powered chopper use that i saw. Really i cant think of anything bad about hardcore atm.

Agreed.

Glad to hear it, I might try and get on your server over the weekend or tonight :)

The bad thing about HC for me is the lack of a fire mode indicator. Quite a few times Ive died because I went into a gunfight on single shot rather than full auto :D

Caporegime
Glad to hear it, I might try and get on your server over the weekend or tonight :)

The bad thing about HC for me is the lack of a fire mode indicator. Quite a few times Ive died because I went into a gunfight on single shot rather than full auto :D

Well im guessing youre getting ready for work, but im about to fire it up now. :D

I'm actually going to change the karkand map so it uses the one with less flags. I saw Loam mention it earlier and it seems like a good idea, 8 flags on one map does seem a bit extreme.

EDIT

Does that mean the overall map size will be smaller as the not in use capture points will become out of bounds territory?

Last edited:
Soldato
Well im guessing youre getting ready for work, but im about to fire it up now. :D

I'm actually going to change the karkand map so it uses the one with less flags. I saw Loam mention it earlier and it seems like a good idea, 8 flags on one map does seem a bit extreme.

EDIT

Does that mean the overall map size will be smaller as the not in use capture points will become out of bounds territory?

Yeah I am :(

Get a job, you bum :D

Caporegime
Yeah I am :(

Get a job, you bum :D

Haha. I have an excuse, im studying at home. :)

Studying the inner workings of battlefield 3 on the human brain. :p

If its any consilation i dont claim job seekers allowance. :D

EDIT

Ok i found this

Strike at Karkand - Conquest64 - United States: uncap* base, Russians: start with 7 flags and no uncap - US350 RU300

Strike at Karkand - Conquest0 - United States: uncap base, Russians: start with 5 flags and no uncap - US250 RU200 - Cant cross the river in this version

Strike at Karkand - Conquest1 - United States: uncap base, Russians: start with 3 flags and no uncap - US250 RU200 - Cant cross the river in this version

Gulf of Oman - Conquest64 - Both Teams have uncaps, US start with 4 flags RU start with 3 flags - US300 RU330

Gulf of Oman - Conquest0 - Both Teams have Uncaps and starts with 2 flags each - US200 RU230

Gulf of Oman - Conquest1 - United States: uncap base, Russians: start with 3 flags and no uncap - US230 RU200

Sharqi Peninsula - Conquest64 - Russians: uncap base, United States: start with 7 flags and no uncap - US300 RU350

Sharqi Peninsula - Conquest0 - Russians: uncap base, United States: start with 5 flags and no uncap - US200 RU250

Sharqi Peninsula - Conquest1 - Russians: uncap base, United States: start with 3 flags and no uncap - US200 RU230

Wake Island - Conquest64 - United States: uncap base, Russians: start with 5 flags and no uncap - US400 RU300

Wake Island - Conquest0 - United States: uncap base, Russians: start with 3 flags and no uncap - US280 RU200

Conquest0 and Conquest1 are aimed at 32 players. Not sure i like the idea of some of the maps cut off, however maybe the fighting will be more concentrated. What do others think?

Soldato
anyone know how to use the laser designator? i got it but didnt know what to do with it an couldnt weapon until i got killed!

if its the recon one, fine a nice high place to put it, then run away and hide safely, then use it to designate targets, use "E" to access it once its been placed.

it's supposed to pickup things in its line of vision but mine never seems to :(.

Art

Art

Associate
Unlocked the foregrip on the M60E4 earlier and thought I'd give it a test run, boy what a difference it's made, I've always used the bipods on my support weapons, how wrong was I :o

Can any1 give a run down on the new guns, which 1's are worth working towards?
I unlocked the QBB-95 by pure accident and tbh it feels kinda meh.

I've only got the G53 and QBB-95 so far. The G53 is great at close/medium ranges but obviously not great any further than that. Fairly high rate of fire, feels like it has a fair bit of punch and not too much recoil. I quite like it and I've started using it regularly now.

I really like the QBB-95, but then again I generally don't like the heavier LMGs. It feels much more like a rifle with three round burst, a bi-pod and a 50-round mag, so I can be a fair bit more mobile with it than the M249 or something like that.

Picked one up on Caspian on a dead sniper and compared to the EMR it's got epic bullet drop!

The QBB-95 is the LMG, the QBU-88 is the sniper. (And the QBZ-95B is the engineer carbine/SMG. Confusion!)

Soldato
You guys may want to try the new rviatuner statistics server beta out, you can set an FPS limit. I did so at 60 FPS and BF3 is not all that hard on the GPU when it's not doing full FPS all the time, my 480 use to hit 84c with 80% fan speed, now it does not break 70c and the game is smooth as butter, may solve a lot of problems with the game crashing as well with it being less stressful on the hardware.

Don't compare this with the in game FPS limiter, that does not work right at all causing in game stuttering and FPS drop, this method only uses more GPU power when required and it works brilliantly.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4192523&postcount=78

Might give that a try mate, i used the in game command to limit my FPS instead of the ingame vsync and my GPU was still hitting 99% as well as giving me some screen tearing. The in game vsync used to set my GPU load to around 80% so will look at what you suggested and give it a crack

Soldato
I'll be pwning you soon. :p

You probably would, but I'd never admit it! :p

Had fun on the 8 flag map last night with my nephew. we were just on TS and decided to each jump in buggies and race around the map, to each point.. I musta flipped my buggy like 3 times and still managed to land on my wheels.. Then jumped in a tank and flipped it over on its top.. :eek:

Associate
Anyone had an issue since the new patch where the volume of the audio is EXTREMELY low? tbh i'm not sure if its the game or Team speak, as it's the first time using TS with BF3, but i've disabled the setting that controls modifies the game volume but it's still low.

can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom