Free Satnav for your BlackBerry

Soldato
Well I have to say I'm mighty impressed since it didn't cost me a penny.

Aside from one slight mishap where I was in the wrong lane and had to pull a sneaky u-turn, it got me from my flat in Leamington Spa to a hotel in the centre of Nottingham without any trouble.

It was clear and easy to follow (although you don't have much hope of reading what's written on the screen) and I can't see much reason to spend £100's on a proper sat-nav having tried both.

All it cost me is £16.99 for the mount from Halfords so I'm pretty chuffed!

Does it not cane the internet though?

J86

J86

Associate
OP
Well I have to say I'm mighty impressed since it didn't cost me a penny.

Aside from one slight mishap where I was in the wrong lane and had to pull a sneaky u-turn, it got me from my flat in Leamington Spa to a hotel in the centre of Nottingham without any trouble.

It was clear and easy to follow (although you don't have much hope of reading what's written on the screen) and I can't see much reason to spend £100's on a proper sat-nav having tried both.

All it cost me is £16.99 for the mount from Halfords so I'm pretty chuffed!

Does it not cane the internet though?

Excellent :)

Could have been even cheaper if you had more time and sourced a mount from ebay :p

It only uses a small amount of bandwith to download the route and traffic, then just checks you're still on course and stuff and for traffic every now and then.

I'm on 500mb data a month, and use Telmap almost every day and it's had almost no impact on my monthly useage at all :)

Soldato
Doesn't matter which one you pick during registration.

Just choose any phone right up until the stage you actually get to the download links, then you can choose the 9900 :)

dont know what you are on about.

?

I register and then get a link sent to my bb9900 for me to download a file which could be 4.2mb, 5.5mb, where is this link you speak off where you can choose 9900?

I seriously cannot see 9900 anywhere.....please point me to it if you would be so king.

Soldato
It only uses a small amount of bandwith to download the route and traffic, then just checks you're still on course and stuff and for traffic every now and then.

I'm on 500mb data a month, and use Telmap almost every day and it's had almost no impact on my monthly useage at all :)
Sweet! Thanks for the headsup on this, I'm really chuffed with it!

?

I register and then get a link sent to my bb9900 for me to download a file which could be 4.2mb, 5.5mb, where is this link you speak off where you can choose 9900?

I seriously cannot see 9900 anywhere.....please point me to it if you would be so king.
I didn't get asked for a phone type, I just got sent an email which kicked off the download, then I was away once it was installed (having entered the licence key in the email).

J86

J86

Associate
OP

?

Sweet! Thanks for the headsup on this, I'm really chuffed with it!

I didn't get asked for a phone type, I just got sent an email which kicked off the download, then I was away once it was installed (having entered the licence key in the email).

I do recall reading they were going to implement something so when you clicked the download link on your phone it would download the correct version for your phone. When I downloaded it, it asked me for which phone I have. Maybe they've added this now and it now downloads the correct version? Just download either one Magic, you can always uninstall it if it's the wrong one.. No harm done :)

Associate
Got this on my phone, it seems to be quite good as a satnav, however it doesn't seem to announce the turnings if I have my phone connected (via BT) to the car's hands free kit.

Anyone else had this problem, and managed to fix it? (I would be fine if it announced it out of the phone, or through the hands free kit)

J86

J86

Associate
OP
Got this on my phone, it seems to be quite good as a satnav, however it doesn't seem to announce the turnings if I have my phone connected (via BT) to the car's hands free kit.

Anyone else had this problem, and managed to fix it? (I would be fine if it announced it out of the phone, or through the hands free kit)

What BB and OS are you running?

Associate
Thanks for the heads up,

Downloaded this onto my Galaxy S2 yesterday but after downloading the app, whenever I try to run the app it just gets stuck on the Telmap5 plash screen with the green loading bar and it's constantly stuck just before the half way mark and then a minute later it will error out with an internal error. Any ideas?

Thanks - Liam

Back
Top Bottom