** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Associate
Finally got my 950 last thursday and I have been blown away by it. The design and quality is top class. Not had a chance to play with 3D as the Star Wars game has been eating up my time.

Gaming again at 120hz is a dream. The glossy screen really doesn't bother me. The only thing I can moan about is the fact it's a bit of a dust magnet.

Very pleased with my purchase.

Associate
Am I the only one having problems with some of the latest nVidia beta drivers when using my 750D with DisplayPort?

The only drivers that work for me are the 285.38 drivers. None of the recent Beta drivers work using display port. After the installation of the driver completes and i restart the pc, i see the usual boot up screens, but when i'm supposed to see the 'Welcome' in Windows 7 (64bit) the screen goes blank. The audio is still outputting through DP but no picture. I've had to switch to HDMI to write this, which works fine, but I only get 60hz via HDMI :confused:

Soldato
Am I the only one having problems with some of the latest nVidia beta drivers when using my 750D with DisplayPort?

The only drivers that work for me are the 285.38 drivers. None of the recent Beta drivers work using display port. After the installation of the driver completes and i restart the pc, i see the usual boot up screens, but when i'm supposed to see the 'Welcome' in Windows 7 (64bit) the screen goes blank. The audio is still outputting through DP but no picture. I've had to switch to HDMI to write this, which works fine, but I only get 60hz via HDMI :confused:

fine with me :)

Associate
Just gone through a full format. Installed latest beta drivers last and still get the same problem. Using a MSI GTX 580 Lightning 1.5gb. I'm still getting an image through HDMI but nothing through DP. No idea wheat the problem is.

Can't be a problem with the monitor as it works through DP on the older drivers. Same with the card, it works on the older drivers but not the new ones! I'm hoping when they release the new WHQL drivers it will be fine but i'm starting to doubt it.

But why does it work fine with everyone else! Reeeeeeeh!!!!

:(

Soldato
absolutely mind blowing how good it is! going from my old dell 24" to this its so hard to describe its like playing a different game! 120hz is probably a bigger upgrade then going from a HDD to SSD! its a massive leap!

also the 2d > 3d converter is brill in BF3 takes a little getting used to but u get so immersed flying helis and jets is so cool!

Soldato
absolutely mind blowing how good it is! going from my old dell 24" to this its so hard to describe its like playing a different game! 120hz is probably a bigger upgrade then going from a HDD to SSD! its a massive leap!

also the 2d > 3d converter is brill in BF3 takes a little getting used to but u get so immersed flying helis and jets is so cool!

Are you using the DP for 120hz?

Associate
get yourself a S23A700D then! I've just purchased this and it has HDMI and DVI-D connections. It's an amazing monitor I've got to say.
And best of all, I paid £225 for it for a model that has exactly the same panel as the S23A750D and 950D. It's just dressed more conservatively.

Associate

any chance of some picies westie?? :)

Soldato
get yourself a S23A700D then! I've just purchased this and it has HDMI and DVI-D connections. It's an amazing monitor I've got to say.
And best of all, I paid £225 for it for a model that has exactly the same panel as the S23A750D and 950D. It's just dressed more conservatively.

But it is not 27" though is it????

Mark

Back
Top Bottom