10m hdmi cable needed

Soldato
Had a bit of a change around and now need a 10m hdmi cable. Will be running from a Onkyo 608 AV amp to a Projector. Will 1.3 be good enough?

Also where is the best place to get them from?

Associate
I bought a 10M HDMI 1.4 Cable from the forest place, well one of the people who camp there for around £13, seems fine to my old eyes.

Soldato
Any cheapy cables like that I get from the auction site. There are loads of sellers and they are all dirt cheap.

Soldato
cablestogo is quote good too, all the ones you see these days meet the 1.3 spec and a lot more 1.4 version coming out for 3D ready spec.

a5ian300zx

Cables aren't rated by specification level (1.3, 1.4 etc).

This is from hdmi.org

Will any of the new HDMI 1.4 features require a new cable?

The HDMI Ethernet Channel feature will require a new cable that supports this functionality, either a Standard HDMI Cable with Ethernet or a High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet, depending on the maximum resolution to be supported. The Automotive Connection System will also employ a new class of cable, the Standard Automotive HDMI cable, which is designed specifically for automotive use. All of the other new HDMI 1.4 features will be compatible with the existing categories of cables.

Back
Top Bottom