What do we all do for a living?

Soldato
Full time: IT Support Engineer
Part Time (when I find the time): Run a computer repair shop (I am part owner)
Friday Nights (I get paid): Play lead guitar
During the year (if I can find someone in need): Web designer / Multimedia Author

I know I have no life!

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Engineer at an Airsoft Store.

Have a degree in Digital Forensics and Network Security but this is much more fun :D
Might be going to IWA in March for the shop :)

Associate
Is it a prerequisite to be ridiculously good looking to work in that particular area of Selfridges?

There are "guidelines" and "grooming standards"

No one actually works "for" selfridges... You work for the brand you work for. You get offered the job by them, then get interviewed for "store approval" by selfridges.

I heard if you don't meet their standards, they won't accept you.

Soldato
How horrific is horrific? Kinda interested in being a warfare officer, but I'm 23 in just over a month and need to do a lot of work on my fitness before I'd be ready to apply, so time is really running out on that one. :/

Some trades weren't taking on applicants and some had waiting times of 18months+, but not all and this was nearly 2year ago now.

Only advice really is to goto your local Armed Forces Careers Office and talk to them.

Never too late, although officer route is 26? regular route is 33? so until then it is never too late

Associate
Can you tell me more about this role?

Work for nhs.

Its basically a bit like earth visiting. You have an area, and your own caseload. Every day, you get the details of everyone who has given birth in your area. You then contact them within 72 hours to offer support with feeding. Often a visit then follows.

Otherwise you get referrals where there is a problem and you visit to diagnose problem and find a solution.

As well as that, you go to all the baby clinics in your area for drop in support, an run breast feeding groups. You also go to all the ante natal clinics to discuss feeding with pregnant ladies.

And then offer support with weaning, and introducing food, such as classes and groups.

And insane amounts of paperwork!

:)

Soldato
Some trades weren't taking on applicants and some had waiting times of 18months+, but not all and this was nearly 2year ago now.

Only advice really is to goto your local Armed Forces Careers Office and talk to them.

Never too late, although officer route is 26? regular route is 33? so until then it is never too late

25. My understanding is that as long as I'm 25 on the first day of training, I'm all right, but that's just from asking a few people who aren't exactly in the correct position to answer. I'll get on to the AFCO soon and see whether or not that's actually true. I reckon that if I work hard, then I can do it (as long as their waiting list isn't too long), I just need to really put the effort in to get in shape regardless of whether or not I do choose to pursue an armed forces career.

Thanks for the advice and information. :)

Associate
What do you work with, plant wise and for what research?

Mostly potato - currently working on boosting valuable secondary metabolites such as carotenoids (astaxanthin) through transformation. I'm also involved with the genome sequencing consortium mapping novel candidate genes/expression studies related to carotenoid biosynthesis.

Man of Honour
Mostly potato - currently working on boosting valuable secondary metabolites such as carotenoids (astaxanthin) through transformation. I'm also involved with the genome sequencing consortium mapping novel candidate genes/expression studies related to carotenoid biosynthesis.

Sounds interesting! ...well, in sound bite form at least. I couldn't stand the lab :)

Soldato
I work for a publishing company, with the aim of pushing them into digital markets and onto new platforms. It's quite exciting at the moment with the Kindle, iPad etc :)

Back
Top Bottom