***** The Official Galaxy Nexus Thread *****

Associate
just ordered mine today from p4y

( 36 a month 300 min 3000 text 500 data 100 up front)
should get it in a few days

is there anything i should look out for i.e build version , etc etc

Associate
Right, still absolutely loving the Nexus, just brought a A2DP capable stereo for the car (Sony EX BT3900) and while the streaming works beautifully as well as calls all through bluetooth i'm not getting track/artist names through to the stereo display, all played using the stock Music app, does anyone have an idea s to how i could rectify this?

Soldato
Right, still absolutely loving the Nexus, just brought a A2DP capable stereo for the car (Sony EX BT3900) and while the streaming works beautifully as well as calls all through bluetooth i'm not getting track/artist names through to the stereo display, all played using the stock Music app, does anyone have an idea s to how i could rectify this?
A2DP is for HQ Stereo audio rarther than track info isnt it?

Associate
I'm not entirely sure, it isn't a massive issue, I just believed that with all the products out there that use it something reasonably simple like track info display would be possible!

Man of Honour
I've found a very strange problem (and Google suggests it can't be fixed yet).

Text prediction on the keyboard doesn't work in the browser, it's fine in everything else but it just doesn't appear in the browser. Has anyone found a workaround for this or do we need to wait for an update?

That's a pretty poor show from Google but other than that it's superb.

Man of Honour
OP

Text prediction on the keyboard doesn't work in the browser, it's fine in everything else but it just doesn't appear in the browser. Has anyone found a workaround for this or do we need to wait for an update?

It's a bit of a pain but we'll have to wait for a fix.

Soldato

yeah noticed that on day 0, i have terrible dyslexia and it bugs the hell out of me that i don't get the predictive text, i can't for the life of me think why the bug would be there in the first place and surely once discovered the easiest bug to fix.

Associate
surely once discovered the easiest bug to fix.

That's how a lot of bugs end up in finished products. They launch them with the bugs to get them to market on time knowing they can roll out the patch soon. It's usually more common with games :( then they don't bother fixing them because the product has already made the bulk of it's critical sales (the publishers make that call then the dev gets the bad rep!!!)

The cursor is also super buggy in the browser, it made this post super slow to type lol (correcting one of my 4.3×10^38224914 typos can take like 2 billion years lol... if the cursor decides to hate a certain line)

I trust Google though. This phone is their baby atm and they are one of the few big companies that do things right. It'll get fixed in no time.

You won't be dissapointed belloni (despite the few annoying bugs). The screen res is especially awesome.

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone managed to find an app to control notifications and ringtones at night that works with ICS. Tried Bedtime the best looked to be "setting profiles" but the free version doesnt work so well.

Man of Honour
OP
There are a few variants of ICS build around:

http://code.google.com/android/nexus/images.html

The yakju version is GSM, mysid is CDMA/LTE version and we know that these are updated by Google. But there are also versions with regional differences so there’s yakjuxw and other yakju variants which have been signed by Samsung.

We should all have yakju here in the UK. You can use Android System Info to confirm which you have:

galaxynexus33.jpg

Soldato
After installing CM9 on my SGS2 I think I'll probably sell my Nexus once it becomes stable. Even now things like GTA3 are running much better on the SGS2 than the Nexus which drops frames and seems to struggle with controls. I also miss the quality of the SGS2 camera. The Nexus was nice as I was able to get it on launch day in the UK but I do prefer the SGS2 overall.

Associate
I got the volume bug again today when I went out of range of my wifi and there was no 3G (bad signal area of the house). If it persists, I might return my Nexus and get a GS2 though I will miss the screen res :(

Back
Top Bottom