Whats your best purchase?

Soldato
I wasnt pro mac until I fell for the sexy macbook pro unibody looks. I didnt realise how slick the whole system was until I got used to it. I was stuck in the dark ages for years! It seems your still there.. lol

Shame you can't get a spell-checker on them though eh?

:p:D

Soldato
Exactly.
Mac = Fail.

Well no, not really. It depends on your priorites, if build quality and longevity rate higher than overall performance then a Mac is a great choice.

My macbook too!
It was expensive, but it my most used possession. Its a year old, and I still love and cherish it. My friend bought a 3d, super HD, million core laptop thing, and I played around with it, and its just like every other windows thing; rubbish! It tries to copy the mac gestures but it just doesnt work properly.. macbooks rule.

Equally their laptop probably performs better for games, video editing, rendering etc. if that's their intended use.

Associate
Equally their laptop probably performs better for games, video editing, rendering etc. if that's their intended use.

Well yes. He is an architect, so he needed all that horsepower for work.
But even he has now seen the light, and uses a mac for normal use, and uses his windows for work only.

Soldato
Open up thread, see Mac vs PC/Windows

2nipri8.jpg

Deary me, can't we just accept that both have pros and cons. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Got to be my rig, purchased at the start of 2007 and barely upgraded since then. It's still going strong, only had one issue when the PSU died last year.

Soldato
OP
My first computer. It was a Compaq pre built, i'm still using the CPU and RAM from it now actually. Until recently i very rarely bought anything, but i've learned so much from it, possibly more than anything else in my life, that i don't know where i would be without it. And i don't mean that in the sense that i would be lost without it... nor in a literal sense :p

I know what you mean, I've probably learnt more useful stuff via my Macbook then any of my schools/college (except maybe primary school), just a shame its too slow now for a lot of stuff. Damn, just realised i'm getting nostalgic about a computer. That can't be good...

Soldato
Well no, not really. It depends on your priorites, if build quality and longevity rate higher than overall performance then a Mac is a great choice.

My Fujitsu Siemens laptop is of a good build quality, it's lasted me 4 years now and performs very well in my opinion. At the time of purchase, it was probably much cheaper than a Mac of the same spec.

Anyway, this thread was about what your best purchase was, if somebody honestly thinks a Mac(book) was their best purchase then so be it! :)

Soldato
My PC.

I have never had one in my life (only a laptop) and being playing games on consoles all my life....

Wow how much difference there is! Booted up CoD4 maxed and it looked better than BF3 on PS3 by 10 times! :eek:

Best £800 i've ever ever spent, so pleased! :D

Soldato
My Fujitsu Siemens laptop is of a good build quality, it's lasted me 4 years now and performs very well in my opinion. At the time of purchase, it was probably much cheaper than a Mac of the same spec.

I'm not saying PCs are poorly built (far from it), but certainly very few stand up to the Mac counterparts. As well made as your Fujitsu it I bet it's mostly plastic compared the the allu construction of most MBPs of that time.

My PC.

I have never had one in my life (only a laptop) and being playing games on consoles all my life....

Wow how much difference there is! Booted up CoD4 maxed and it looked better than BF3 on PS3 by 10 times! :eek:

Best £800 i've ever ever spent, so pleased! :D

icon14.gif

PCs > Consoles. Something I'm sure we all agree on :p

Back
Top Bottom