Whats your best purchase?

Associate
My first motorbike (RF600)

Led me to a lot more friends, big road trips in the UK and EU, mostly with friends but a big EU one alone. That led me meet even more people!

Led me to buy more bikes and meet even more people and experience even more things/places.

Quite frankly, I dont think any other single purchase has changed my life so much and led me to do much more and visit more places.

Its also the reason im skint but im not complaining!

:D

Associate
Best purchase, well I guess that means something that holds good value against my desire of the product. That would be my phone then: HTX mazart £13/month.

My most favourite of possessions would be my car. BMW 120D Sport (yep, a diesel sport :S).

Soldato
berghaus_explorer_ridge_gtx_mens_boot1.jpg

Best purchase I have ever made.

Soldato
Loved my Yamaha R1 (1998 model) motorbike that i bought back in middle of year 1999
Owned it for 4 1/2 years

Had to sell it because i started suffering from bad back probems :mad::(:mad:

Soldato
Anyway, this thread was about what your best purchase was, if somebody honestly thinks a Mac(book) was their best purchase then so be it! :)
At the risk of steering the thread even further into a mac vs. pc quagmire, I'd just point out that for many people a MacBook represents absolutely unbeatable value for money. Students especially.

15% student discount, three year parts and labour warranty at no extra cost, excellent build quality, and extremely high residuals make MacBooks rather prudent purchases. Far too many people on the 'PC' side of the debate — yourself included, it seems — make the mistake of failing to look beyond initial outlay to the more relevant TCO comparison.

As a student, you can buy a MacBook, get two and a half years use out of it, and still sell it on with six months warranty left for only ~£250 less than you paid for it. ~£100/year for worry-free computing with high quality hardware is nothing to turn your nose up at...

Last edited:
Permabanned
iPad 1
First thing I pick up in the morning and the last thing I use at night. I never thought one piece of technology would become so invaluable.

Soldato
Set up, cost, social aspect and local multiplayer. Tried it and gave up. But when I play it's mostly fps or mmo anyway. So my pc ain't going anywhere.

Meh I love my graphics and I prefer using the mouse and keyboard mostly for some reason (have a controller too though)

But I didn't mind saving up now, especially now I have the result and I LOVE it! :D

Soldato
Set up, cost, social aspect and local multiplayer. Tried it and gave up. But when I play it's mostly fps or mmo anyway. So my pc ain't going anywhere.

Well I guess, in terms of graphics it isn't that much more for a PC than a console (my HTPC with an 8800GT/Celeron handles most game very well at 720p).

But certainly for local multiplayer a console is much, much better. Which is why I let my mates buy the consoles :D

Associate
I bought the Hanns.g HZ281HPB and it arrived today, I was like a child at christmas while unboxing it.

I love it and i don't regret buying it as i moved from a 17" monitor lol, best money i have ever spent and it was the best upgrade for me.

Soldato
Mine is a combination, an Acer Revo and a HP Microserver.
HTPC's are the way forward.

I ripped around 280 DVDs over the past few weeks and its so nice to be able to pick and choose what films you want when you want

Soldato
Nah htpcTvs are the future, it's already started. It'll all be built in.

I prefer a separate one as its a more versatile box.
My Microserver also deals with my downloading and loads of other things.

I still love physical media though, and will continue to buy DVDs and Blu Rays, I don't like streaming or digital downloads

Back
Top Bottom