I was wondering... (Keyboards)

Soldato
Im looking to get a new keyboard and it HAS to be mechanical. Now the past couple of days I have researched the mechanical switch types and I think I have narrowed down the choice of three keyboards I think would suit my needs.

which are;

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth (MX Browns)

Ducky DK-9008 Shine (MX Browns/Blacks/Reds)

Qpad-MK85 (choice of any MX switch type)

Now I am a gamer but I rarely use macro's and play mainly MMO's, RTS' and a few FPS' from time to time. But I must also be able to type pretty easily on it as well since I am taking a course in programming. From what I have seen is a lot of mixed reviews about MX Browns and Blacks and I can't seem to decide D:

Any help appreciated!

Soldato
OP
Backlighting would be nice... macro buttons I would quite like to start using more. UAB ports? do you mean USB? :p and cheers kippermitten now going through that post whilest coding = confused face much xD

Soldato
I have cherry browns, and think they are great. Have a look at some YouTube videos of the Blackwidow- personally I would find the blues too loud.

P.s this was deffinately the wrong subsection of the forum!

Soldato
I've heard more and more about these "mechanical" keyboards. Is the advantage that it makes "the" noise and has "the" feel? Or are there other advantages I don't know about? :p

Soldato
OP
ahah sorry! Couldn't think where else to put it what with keyboards not really counting as hardware :p yeah I was tilting towards the BWU then saw the BWUS release and have been researching the hell out of switch types since then. what threw me a bit was a forum post somewhere saying that MX Browns felt like malfunctioning MX Reds >.<!

The feel for one is a bit of an advantage the response times are better for key presses and you don't have to press the button all the way down. also theres Key roll over (can perss x amount of keys and they will all register at once basically)

Soldato
OP
I know for next time then :p (plus Id count a keyboard as part of my life personally ;))

Guessing Ima go with either the BWUS or Ducky DK-9008 Shine if I can find one with brown switches.

Last edited:
Associate
I've heard more and more about these "mechanical" keyboards. Is the advantage that it makes "the" noise and has "the" feel? Or are there other advantages I don't know about? :p

They require less pressure overall to actually achieve a recognized button press, and they look hawt. Normally with backlighting. The noise and feel are extras I guess :D

Soldato
OP
Oh btw any idea as to where I could acquire a keyboard travel case? :p just cause once I get a mechanical keyboad I am most certainly taking it to University with me ahah.

Back
Top Bottom