Galleries, iPhones, Facebook Pictures and Homepages!

Associate
Hey guys and girls!

Currently working on our own personal website and have a query which I was hoping someone on here might be able to help out with!

What we have: Website with Homepage, Gallery, Blog and various other pages.

We would like the homepage to have the most recent Blog entry and 4 of the most recently uploaded photos/videos displayed.

What I want to do is be able to take a photo/video from my iphone and upload it straight to OUR website gallery? Not to, say a flickr account on a separate page and then have to manually add it on our website? Is there any program/app/plugin I can use to do this? Can I have say... I don't know... have a flickr like account but it be linked in with my webpage so it does it all automatically from my uploads (if so any recommendations?)? And then is there a plugin to take the most recently uploaded photos/videos from the gallery and display them on a front page?!

Please note... I will not be doing the coding I'm just enquiring about the complexity of it and any hints/suggestions :D

Thanks people!

Associate
1 idea: you could set up a dedicated email address: [email protected] that runs a script on all incoming mail to process the images and save them to your gallery. It would save you having to create your own iPhone application and means you could use it from any device.

Adding the latest photos and blog entry is a different issue but a lot simpler than the other.

Associate
OP
Okay I see... my only concern is that somehow a spam program gets hold of the email and the next thing we know we have images of dingaling enlargers and Miss Cherry Pie who wants to meet you on our webpage! ;D

I see on flickr you can have images stream to your site (through "badges") but it's only 10 maximum. I'm really hoping there's a site you can embed into your own site which I can upload stuff to from iphone/internet links etc! We really don't want people to be led away from our page to look at our gallery :)

If there isn't... that's nuts! Why hasn't someone done this! All you programming people out there... there's moolah to be made here! ;D

Associate
You could probably reject all email addresses apart from a chosen one - although I do take your point, it is a risk!

What about a web form that accepts a file upload? I don't know how iPhones handle them, does it let you browse your photos and upload? That could be an option.

Associate
OP
OoOoOOoo you know what! I am over complicating it all!

I think what we will do is set up a Flickr account and have the "badges" on our homepage and once every few of weeks up date the Gallery manually when we get proper internet connection.

We can then keep the photo hungry hoards at bay with uploads from instagram to Flickr, Facebook and Twitter so at least we can be more regular like that! With regards to videos we can have short ones on Flickr and then upload larger ones to Youtube and link it through blogs etc :)

Thank you for your advice and help though!

Back
Top Bottom